Pin trading onboard?

ajlsjl

Mouseketeer
Can someone tell me more about pin trading onboard DCL, more specifically the Fantasy? Is it as readily available and/or as popular as it is at WDW? Thanks!

Can someone tell me more about pin trading onboard DCL, more specifically the Fantasy? Is it as readily available and/or as popular as it is at WDW? Thanks!
It's not as popular as it is at the parks, but it is available. The CMs in the shops, guest services, and the CMs that hand out wipes out front of the restaurants all seem to have pins to trade. Also, there is typically an officers pin trading event on each cruise.

MUN

There is an officer's pin trading event, which is a great way to get good pins as the officers will trade anything they have for anything you have- no haggling required. On the Fantasy cruise we just returned from, I noticed that someone had a pin-trading board posted outside their stateroom, so that people could trade pins there on the honor system.

All shops (including the one in the Adult's only area) along with guest services have a big binder/book with pins. Occasionally there is also a pin trading (party?) in the atrium where unlike Officer Pin Trading, you trade with other guests in addition to cast members

All shops (including the one in the Adult's only area) along with guest services have a big binder/book with pins. Occasionally there is also a pin trading (party?) in the atrium where unlike Officer Pin Trading, you trade with other guests in addition to cast members

Just beware that the books tend to have a ton of scrappers. The lanyards can as well, but I found it to be a bigger issue in the shop books.

All that said, definitely go to the officer pin trading. It's crowded but it's fun. Twice now I've had a cruise director ask me if there was something I was hunting for (they saw me circling around very judiciously), and they jotted down what it was I was looking for. On at least one occasion, they were able to locate one for me by the end of the cruise, which was super nice.

All that said, definitely go to the officer pin trading. It's crowded but it's fun. Twice now I've had a cruise director ask me if there was something I was hunting for (they saw me circling around very judiciously), and they jotted down what it was I was looking for. On at least one occasion, they were able to locate one for me by the end of the cruise, which was super nice.

I had a somewhat similar experience when I was younger. I was looking for a specific series (of which I had found 2 or 3 of on that cruise and a couple on a previous cruise) along with just generally having fun. Their was another girl I was hanging out with and we frequented the store enough, and a friendly cast member merchandise tracked down our names, and we received an invitation to be honorable officers. Truly magically moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter