Pin Trading on Cruises?

pjtm

DIS Veteran
We just got back from DL and had such a great time! I am going to start planning a cruise for June 2010~

My kids loved pin trading at DL - do cast members do that on cruises?

Yes they do, pluss they have a pin trading meet every night at 7:15 in the atrium. We always book late dinner so my son can pin trade before dinner.
One year they gave him a pin trading award..lol and a free picture of him with goofy because he spent so much time in the shops pin trading.

Marie

Yes! The cast members in Mickey's Mates always have pins to trade. There is also a kiosk that gets set up next to the pool that trades pins as well. On certain nights, there is also Officer Pin Trading where many of the ships officers gather to trade pins with guests. It's great!

I'd like to piggyback if it's okay...where is the best place to get some inexpensive pins for DD to trade while onboard? We got a 7 pin starter set she worked up from at WDW last year - wondering where to start for this. The cruise is a giant surprise, so I wanted to have pins for trading just 'appear' on the plane (Tinkerbell makes such suprises 'appear' in our family :) ). Ideas on where to get 7 or 8 inexpensive pins?

Thanks!

I'd like to piggyback if it's okay...where is the best place to get some inexpensive pins for DD to trade while onboard? We got a 7 pin starter set she worked up from at WDW last year - wondering where to start for this. The cruise is a giant surprise, so I wanted to have pins for trading just 'appear' on the plane (Tinkerbell makes such suprises 'appear' in our family :) ). Ideas on where to get 7 or 8 inexpensive pins?

Thanks!

I have been very successful buying from a website where they give you an assortment and then my daughter is able to trade and has a great time. I am not sure I am allowed to post the webisite, but if you google disney pins grab bag assortment you should find it no problem. A 25 pin grab bag is around $44 and the pins are quite nice. I always purchase them that way before a cruise or trip to the parks.

You have to be careful on Ebay that you don't get the "fake" Disney pins because the CMs could refuse to trade them. The pins have to have the trademark on the back. I always stock up with the disneystore.com semiannual pin sale. They have discount codes and free shipping offers that bring the pins down to $2.50 - $3 each for the multi pin sets. I will buy several of these sets like the Advent calendar ones. They are very popular with the CMs because they are different and they know other people will enjoy trading for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter