Pin Trading Location

laurenlovesdisney

Earning My Ears
Where does pin trading happen on the ship, and what happens while you are there, do you just meet other people or exchange, i am curious to know...

My kids traded with the CMs in the shops whenever they were open. When we were in port they traded with CMs at GS and at the entrance to the dining rooms and buffet at lunch and breakfast.

Were there special times on the cruise to trade or was it just if you saw a pin you liked on someone would you just go up and ask to trade...

My middle daughter is really into pin trading, however, we did not go to the "pin trading" on the boat because from what I read it sounded like you trade with other guests, and I didn't think she could handle the pressure of people "trying to take her pins" rather than the other way around. She did participate in pin trading with the CM. We treated it just like at the parks. Everytime she saw a CM with pins, she would approach them to see if there were any that she wanted. The CM's in the shops usually have the most pins to trade.

Where does pin trading happen on the ship, and what happens while you are there, do you just meet other people or exchange, i am curious to know...

It's usually around 7:00 pm to 8:00pm on Deck 3 right near Guest Services and the Piano next to Lumiere's/Triton's. They roll out a pin cart and that's the time and place most guests get together to trade with each other. Always check your Navigator to make sure though.:thumbsup2

You can trade with the CMs at any time on the ship when they are wearing their lanyards. My kids do not trade with non-CMs. I also don't want them being taken advantage of and they trade for what they like, not the value of the pin.

Also on the Magic (not sure if they do it on the Wonder?) during the days at sea they had a book with a bunch of pins and you could just trade them with whichever ones you had and what you wanted. It was at the shop they open sometimes by the pools. I think it was listed as pin trading in the navigator

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter