• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pin Trading Bag Question

kashkdz

DIS Veteran
Does anyone own the Disney Pin Trading Bag (14"x12") or Pin Trading Binder...? I think it's finally time to purchase some sort of Disney pin display item (binder, backpack, etc) as my DD has around 60+ pins and it's time to upgrade from the many plastic lunch bags she's been using for storage. My questions are... 1) Is the Disney Pin Trading Shoulder bag worth it (around $35 + s/h) or do you think the Trading Binder is better. 2) I guess you can't add more storage to the bag, but can you purchase additional sheets somewhere for the binder (I don't want to buy something that will run out of space too soon)...3) I think they both hold around 120 pins (could some please confirm this). ANY SUGGESTIONS??? Thanks in advance!!

I bought a pin binder first, but found it only held 100-120 pins. Also, with the weight of the pins, the pages started trying to fall out of the binder. I then went to a Staples/Office Depot and got regular binders. They worked just as good. I now use the pin bags as they hold a lot more pins, have a zipper to keep them in and some also have mesh storage bags. I think the pin bag solution is the best when carrying the pins around to trade......but it is a matter of personal taste.

Thanks for your reply...Some of what you mentioned I was thinking too -- I figured the binders are good, but the bags seem to be better suited for carrying around (w/o losing any), and can hold enough of her pins now with room for more later. Thanks again!

Another option is to buy a zippered binder folder from an office store, purchase some baseball card plastic sheets which will hold 9 pins per page, I think this ends up being much cheaper than a $35 pin bag

We have both. DS has the big pin bag with his name embroidered on it and he has over 200 pins in it with room for more. I bought the pin album for myself and it is almost full, and while they DO sell refill pages the album won't close properly if I add more pages. DH swiped my refill pages and made his own binder with a binder from the office supply store.

I think it will end up costing just as much or more for DH and I to use the albums, so I might order bags for each of us.

It winds up being a matter of personal preference. We have used both pin books and binders filled with baseball card holders full of pins. We are currently using the binder/baseball card holder combination. The pin books can get VERY heavy when full.

I'm using just the shoulder bags, and boy howdo let me tell you them thar sucker get right heavy! (Sorry for the backwater lapse.) I have 2 bags right now, one that is JUST for Disney pins, and the other is for other pins I've gotten from my travels (San Fran, El Paso, Cheyenne, Cleveland, Kentucky, etc.) and they are both soooo heavy I have to limit myself to which ones I'll take to trade on the trips, I tried to take both on my last trip to San Diego, but security kept stopping me both to and from there, they had to open them, swab inside the zipper, and look through each page. Either they thought I was a terrorist or they were both looking to see what pins I had to trade. LOL. I just now carry which ones I want to trade the current time with me on a lanyard in a all together different carry bag type thing. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter