Pin storage question

bunnyfoo

<font color=red>It's Monday and my mind was somewh
Hi!

I just started collecting Disney pins on my last trip in May ... but I'm not sure how to store some of them :confused: I have a few pins which are stored in little plastic bags and have colourful cardboard backing. Does it ruin the value of the pin if I take it out of the packaging and put them in my pin binder? Just curious :D

Welcome to the DIS Collectors Board. :)

Actually, pins are that rare collectible where it doesn't matter if the pin is in the original packaging. Everyone is different and sometimes people do want the card or box, especially if it's a very special pin. The Jail Scene pin would be a good example of that. Of course, if someone has an opportunity to get their holy grail and they can get it without the original packaging, I don't think they're going to turn it down. :)

You're going to hear of -- and probably see -- quite a few different ways people store pins:

• people have put their pins in binders and display them on a bookshelf
  • many people frame sets of pins (a very popular method of displaying pins)
  • many people just keep their pins (including keepers) in pin bags -- the pages are soft and protect the pins
  • one person built a glass-top coffee table to display his pins

Thanks for the help! Everyone has been telling me not to do 'this' or 'that' with my pins :rolleyes: I'm just having fun collecting them ... I'm not too interested in the pins 'future' value but I'm keeping some of the colourful cardbacks. Just in case someone wants to trade and wants the backing ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter