Pin offer out..covers dates thru 2009

grover

DIS Veteran
Wow. I was shocked..my mom got a email with a Pin offer for 40% off value resorts for the following dates..

Jan. 4–Jan. 15, 2009
Jan. 25–Feb. 12, 2009
Mar. 1–Mar. 14, 2009
May 31–Jun. 6, 2009
Aug. 23–Oct. 3, 2009
Oct. 25–Oct. 31, 2009
Nov. 15–Nov. 21, 2009
Nov. 29–Dec. 5, 2009
Dec. 13–Dec. 24, 2009

Wish I could say she was taking advantage of it!
We are going..but no email for me..and it doesn't cover our dates anyways.

Suprised they are already releasing something that covers all of 2009.

I'm so excited:woohoo: I never expected it to get one. From reading the boards I thought they were hard to get. If I got one, everyone must have :) We'd been talking about going in February and staying on propery this time. No excuse now...

Congratulations to all who received a code! You're giving me hope!

no code here but i am checking in on 2/10 and checking out on 2/15. if i were to recieve a code would i be able to apply it to the dates i would be there ie the night of 2/10, 2/11, and 2/12 or is that only good if you ceck out by the date listed? tia

I just opened my email and I got the code too!!! :cool1: 40% off values. There is hope for everyone out there. I too thought that I would never be lucky enough to get one, but it sure seems like they're sending this offer out to many people. Does anyone know what the offer is for the mods and deluxes?? They say on the email to call for deluxe packages. Good luck to everyone out there and I hope you get one too!

Oooo...I just bit the bullet this afternoon and booked AAA rate at Pop for 2-6 to 2-13. They had our old e-mail address in the system and now it's updated, what do you think, any chance for me? That would save us so much money!!! Oh I hope!! One question, if other codes come out (we're Disney Visa holders), could I use both discounts or just one. I assume just one but it never hurts to ask!

I would love to get a pin code, just not that one ;) We have a reservation for Jan 14-19 and those days are blocked out :(

Our middle schooler has a 4 day weekend and she would only miss 1.5 days of school if we go those days.

I hope another code comes out (the odds probably aren't good).

I also received this pin email and since we're going for the marathon weekend, called immediately to apply the code to our reservation. It turns out it's only being offered to Canadian residents, and is only good for room-only reservations. We have a split stay between room-only at POP and a package with dining at WL, and could only use the code for our POP reservation. We got POP for $49 a night! :cool1: There was some question as to whether the system would accept the code because we are currently living in the US and our reservation has our US address tied to it, but it went through fine.

I'm tempted to call back and get rid of the dining and tickets and just book a room only at WL (we figure we can buy a lot of food with 40% off rack rate), but I'm going to hold out for a Visa or general public code for the packages (free dining, I hope!). If nothing good comes out, it'll be room-only for us.

Yahooo!!!! I finally got a code after 3 yrs of waiting for one!!!!

March dates during the promo period brought mod rooms down to $132-138 a night and the Poly down to $291-303.

Sept dates were $89 at mods and $213 at Poly.

Dec dates were $109 mod, $285 Poly, $195 WL and $170 AK.

I also received this pin email and since we're going for the marathon weekend, called immediately to apply the code to our reservation. It turns out it's only being offered to Canadian residents, and is only good for room-only reservations. We have a split stay between room-only at POP and a package with dining at WL, and could only use the code for our POP reservation. We got POP for $49 a night! :cool1: There was some question as to whether the system would accept the code because we are currently living in the US and our reservation has our US address tied to it, but it went through fine.

I'm tempted to call back and get rid of the dining and tickets and just book a room only at WL (we figure we can buy a lot of food with 40% off rack rate), but I'm going to hold out for a Visa or general public code for the packages (free dining, I hope!). If nothing good comes out, it'll be room-only for us.

the 40% off rack at WL will probably be better than what you would save in free dining. I would switch it while its still available.

I am new to this, so I may or may not get a code, I thought they were for everyone.

My dates are Jan. 24th thru the first of Feb. This would be a very good code for me. So you can only get these codes via e-mail, is there any other way you can get it. Do they continue sending the codes out to more people each day or is it only one mass mailing and either your in or your out?

Bowbiejuke

First, I hate everyone who gets that email or postcard. Unless I end up getting one. :beach: I have gotten two different free dining emails (same dates, different email addresses –me and DH) and the $49/night pin AP holder email. But those aren’t usable.

I am new to this, so I may or may not get a code, I thought they were for everyone.

My dates are Jan. 24th thru the first of Feb. This would be a very good code for me. So you can only get these codes via e-mail, is there any other way you can get it. Do they continue sending the codes out to more people each day or is it only one mass mailing and either your in or your out?

Bowbiejuke

No, they are not for everyone when they have PINS, which most email or snail mail postcards do have. There are a set of codes that come out from time to time that are for everyone in a certain group (AP holders, Disney Visa holders, residents of certain states, etc) or general public codes.

No one knows how Disney marketing decides to send the emails/postcards to certain groups. The best advice is to register with Disney, sign up for newsletters, order a planning DVD, order custom maps, and go in a price out a trip and save it for later. No one knows if it will help, but it might trigger something.

The emails and postcards tend to go out in batches, not all on the same day, and take a few weeks to cover everyone. After the 40%, usually come 30% and lastly 20%. Then will start coming the group/general public codes closer to booking time. Just keep watching, you may get lucky!

:worship: :worship: :worship:
Thank you Disney PIN fairy!!
We got one (finally!!) but April is not listed...and that's when we are going!

We have room only booked right now with the AAA rate for the end of April. ($89.00) .
I am going to call Disney tomorrow to see what they say, if they will offer anything better.
I'll let you know what they say!
( something tells me I'm going to be outta luck!)

First, I hate everyone who gets that email or postcard. Unless I end up getting one. :beach: I have gotten two different free dining emails (same dates, different email addresses –me and DH) and the $49/night pin AP holder email. But those aren’t usable.

No, they are not for everyone when they have PINS, which most email or snail mail postcards do have. There are a set of codes that come out from time to time that are for everyone in a certain group (AP holders, Disney Visa holders, residents of certain states, etc) or general public codes.

No one knows how Disney marketing decides to send the emails/postcards to certain groups. The best advice is to register with Disney, sign up for newsletters, order a planning DVD, order custom maps, and go in a price out a trip and save it for later. No one knows if it will help, but it might trigger something.

The emails and postcards tend to go out in batches, not all on the same day, and take a few weeks to cover everyone. After the 40%, usually come 30% and lastly 20%. Then will start coming the group/general public codes closer to booking time. Just keep watching, you may get lucky!

I have done everything that you said, will see what happens I really am hoping for something and the 40% would be great more me and the family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter