• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pin down dress code for men...

mndisfam

DIS Veteran
OK - if we don't go to dinner at Palo - will my DH still be appropriately dressed for other dinners and Palo brunch if he wears a nice dress shirt and nice pants? We know how to dress appropriately, he really just doesn't want to bring a sport coat. ! Reminds him of work...

And, the dress shirt can't be a nice Tommy Bahama - of which he has many! So, he has to save those for more casual nights?

At our brunch at Palo, men were casually dressed (no shorts) with polo/golf type shirts. One man did show up in shorts to the brunch and they asked him to go change!

at our dinner, my husband wore a jacket and tie, but there were men there without them.

He would be fine for most nights

Formal night he might be underdressed - most men wear either a tux, a suit, or at least a sport jacket with tie

Semi formal night - most men throw on a sport jacket with / or without tie or a suit

but their is no official rules - so you can officially do what you want

My DH wore a jacket for the formal night and our dinner at Palo's. Other than that, a pair of nice khaki's and a Tommy Bahama shirt/polo shirt would not be out of place. My husband did wear dress shorts a couple of nights and IMO looked better than those in tee shirts and jeans(which we did see alot of)!
Kathy

I would recommend he pack a sport-coat for formal night... then if he doesn't want to wear it, he doesn't have to, but if he decides to wear it, he'll have it (you could even go down early and see what others are wearing to know if he puts it on or leaves it off). In our experience, most men were wearing jackets for formal night. My DH wore his good suit. The rest of the time was nice pants and a nice shirt - he wore a tie on semi-formal night.

FWIW, if you're in the Orlando area, check out the Character Premier store at the outlet mall off Vineland -- we always find Disney ties there - they sell for $29 at the resorts / parks but between $8 - $10 in the outlet store. DH took two different Mickey ties for the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter