PIN Codes: Should I Wait and Risk it?

FlyersStink

Earning My Ears
My family has finally settled on POFQ for our summer vacation in the last week of June; it just seems the best suited to our needs. Two years ago when we last went without my parents taking us, we waited until early March to book in hopes of getting a PIN. Luckily, we did when they were released and got free Quick Service (which we upgraded to Deluxe).

This year, we are hoping to do the same. However, I have not noticed a PIN in about two years. This may be because they hit my spam folder or because we booked early last year, so there was no need to send one.

Question is this: Should we book now or wait to see if we get a PIN? I am assuming that if we book, we will not be sent a PIN. On the flip side, we don't want POFQ to book out for the week that we have in mind. Is there a risk to this? Any experiences?

Also, any idea of the likelihood of a PIN for free dining (of any sort) in late June. Like I said, I got one two years ago, but have things changed?

THANKS!

you should call - sometimes they have pin codes under your name- i had two under my name - both didnt expire until the end of sept- of course our trip is the end of oct. but call and see !

As a pp mentioned, I would call and see if there is a PIN with your name. If not, are you planning on going even without a discount? Is so, I would go ahead and book it, that way you secure your spot, and then stay on the look out for an emailed or mailed PIN and new discounts. Right now there is a discount going on and it ends sometime in June, but I can't remember the date, so I would check on that if I were you. Good luck! :shamrock:

Are you going to go with or without a pin code? If so, then book the trip you're going to take. Personally, I would (and did) book without a pin code and when one come comes out, call and have them apply it to your reservation.
We chose to do this because :
1. we wanted to make sure we got the resort / room we wanted
2. I wanted to tie our ADR's to our dining plan

I sweated never getting a pin code or a discount, but lo and behold, it did finally come. I called (after waiting on hold for 3 hours) and they applied the discount to our reservations. So if you know you want the resort you want, I would suggest making your reservations .....then you have the trip you want and the discount is icing on the cake. :thumbsup2

Are you going to go with or without a pin code? If so, then book the trip you're going to take. Personally, I would (and did) book without a pin code and when one come comes out, call and have them apply it to your reservation.
We chose to do this because :
1. we wanted to make sure we got the resort / room we wanted
2. I wanted to tie our ADR's to our dining plan

I sweated never getting a pin code or a discount, but lo and behold, it did finally come. I called (after waiting on hold for 3 hours) and they applied the discount to our reservations. So if you know you want the resort you want, I would suggest making your reservations .....then you have the trip you want and the discount is icing on the cake. :thumbsup2
Yep...i have made a ressie...then got a pin code a month later or so many times....i always call that day..and "rebook" savings galore!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter