Pin Codes for 2014

WAHHHHHH! I just called this morning and no pin. Why does Disney hate me?! :(

I'm afraid I'll hear the same sad news if I call. We've gone to WDW 5 times in the past 5 years, ordered 3 planning DVDs, ordered 4 sets of customized maps, logged onto their website to price out numerous vacations and only ever got one pin that was for a time period we could not go. At least I have always managed to get some kind of discount and booked one bounceback. Right now I'm holding a room only booking with a 10% off AAA discount for POFQ.

I received the Stay, Play and Dine PIN email this week and although I thought it was a pretty meh offer at first glance...after calling WDW, I was pleasantly surprised and booked it immediately!

Basically, the CM told me that dining and tickets would both be priced at Kids pricing...but it is the dining part that makes a huge difference.

Family 5 5, 2 adults, 3 kids (but 4 disney adults of 10+)

April 3rd, 2014 x 9 nights
POR - Riverside, Garden View Room
6 Day Park Tix
DDP

"Base" Rate with no discount - $6,165.84
Price with PIN - $4,652.80
Savings of $1,513.04!

It's not Free dining (which would save my family ~$2,300...but it's pretty good for 8 months out. If FD gets annoucned for early April...I'll jump on that...but this is better then just a room only offer.

Anyway...YMMV, but this seems to be a good option for families with more "adults" from a pricing perspective.

How do you get a pin? Is it after you book or what I'm not sure how it works ??!!

Disney says it's completely random. Other sources say that things like ordering maps, planning DVD's, and DVC info, or calling often, making reservations then canceling them, etc. increase your chances. But people who do none of these things sometimes get tons of PINs and people who do all of them sometimes don't get any. So who knows.

I'm afraid I'll hear the same sad news if I call. We've gone to WDW 5 times in the past 5 years, ordered 3 planning DVDs, ordered 4 sets of customized maps, logged onto their website to price out numerous vacations and only ever got one pin that was for a time period we could not go. At least I have always managed to get some kind of discount and booked one bounceback. Right now I'm holding a room only booking with a 10% off AAA discount for POFQ.

My fingers are crossed for you! We've been 2 times in the last 4 years, ordered 2 planning DVDs and 2 sets of maps. I've saved vacation packages on 3 different accounts (different resorts on each one) and NOTHING! I'd take any sort of pin even if I can't use it to at least make me think I'm not in some Disney black hole.

For the first time, got a pin code. Free dining Jan 12 - 16. Called to book and even though it was sent to my email, which is attached to my account, it has my duaghter's name. Since she is not going I can't use it. Anyone know any way around it? I asked him if I could just put her name on the reservation, but he said when she didn't show up, I wouldn't get the discount. Oh well, guess I shouldn't have got so excited.

For the first time, got a pin code. Free dining Jan 12 - 16. Called to book and even though it was sent to my email, which is attached to my account, it has my duaghter's name. Since she is not going I can't use it. Anyone know any way around it? I asked him if I could just put her name on the reservation, but he said when she didn't show up, I wouldn't get the discount. Oh well, guess I shouldn't have got so excited.

If it was sent to your email, I'd call back to talk to another cm that may be able to do it. I know others who have said they got it.
I can't imagine getting that lucky though. Congrats on the pin...hope it works out for you! I'll be waiting for my own...

Wahhhh - no PIN here either. I called tonight and nope. I guess my chances are smaller because we got the dining pin until the end of 2013 already, AND we're already booked for room and tickets package.

Really, really, really hoping for some pixie dust. We haven't been back in three years and my kids and so wanting our trip. I just looked into the cost of kenneling our dogs and that is a vacation in itself. We had friends stay with them last time so HUGE difference. We've booked Feb 1-10 and I see lots of PINS floating around for those dates but none for me. :(

I really don't want to cancel and I keep telling myself to relax, that even if I don't get one something will be released to the public for our dates sooner or later. Sigh.

Here's hoping for all of us. pixiedust:

Yeah, we booked for end of Jan and need to get ADRs soon. I wasn't even watching for discounts yet since nothing has come out until Octoberish for the past few years. I didn't expect to see PINS for the winter so soon, so maybe I dashed our chances by being too on the ball!! :)

Just need them to stretch those dates a pinch further!! Arriving May 6th!! I got a DL pin this week for October... Which bums me out because I love DL at Halloween... But I can't do both these trips in 1 year!!

I've never received a PIN code before. I've read of people calling to see if they have one, so I was thinking of doing that. I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but what exactly do I say? Do I just simply ask, "Do I have a PIN code?" and they will know what I'm talking about? :laughing: :blush:

Come on, Pin fairy! Sprinkle some pixie dust on my January trip! PUHLEEEESE!
2a9qpvk.jpg

I've never received a PIN code before. I've read of people calling to see if they have one, so I was thinking of doing that. I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but what exactly do I say? Do I just simply ask, "Do I have a PIN code?" and they will know what I'm talking about? :laughing: :blush:

That's what I did.

Here is some info on what you might see in 2014...

Got it from Disney Destinations today, but I am going in December :(

With all the enchanting new things there are to see and do around Walt Disney World Resort...and with offers like these to help you get here...there's never been a better time to visit!
Just pick the one that fits you best:
Save 35% at select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts
Save 35% at select Disney Deluxe Resorts
Save 30% at select Disney Moderate Resorts
Save 25% at select Disney Value Resorts
for stays most nights 1/5-3/2/14 and 3/16-4/12/14.

I'm hoping soon I'll see something for 9/2014 if anyone happens to see anything PLEASE PLEASE let me know!! PM me, email me, scream from the top of the Empire State Building to me... Send a message in a bottle... I'm planning my honeymoon/first wedding anniversary for 9/2014 and would love to get the 35% off the room at CR.. Assuming that's a select resort

I've also got my deposit down and Walt Disney Travel Co as a VIP on my inbox-should I expect something at that email or is it better to look online??

Fingers, toes, veins and arteries crossed for either a deal or PIN for next summer-- July into August.

I'm kind of figuring that free dining won't be happening at that point in the year, but come on PIN fairies!!!!

I'm hoping soon I'll see something for 9/2014 if anyone happens to see anything PLEASE PLEASE let me know!! PM me, email me, scream from the top of the Empire State Building to me... Send a message in a bottle... I'm planning my honeymoon/first wedding anniversary for 9/2014 and would love to get the 35% off the room at CR.. Assuming that's a select resort

I'd love this PIN! Going in February with my girlfriend for our anniversary and we could really use the 30% off CBR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter