Pin Code?

AliceandAriel

part of your world!
This is REALLY going to show my extreme new-ness to all of this, but here goes nothing for Best Silly Question of 2013.

How do you know if you have a pin code?

Earlier this week, I got a letter in the mail from Disney. Inside, it detailed a special listing price of a room and tickets, included the number to call and reserve, and said to mention ___. The blank space is a 3-digit code.

Is this a pin? Or just a regular deal sent out with the rest of them? :confused3

This is REALLY going to show my extreme new-ness to all of this, but here goes nothing for Best Silly Question of 2013.

How do you know if you have a pin code?

Earlier this week, I got a letter in the mail from Disney. Inside, it detailed a special listing price of a room and tickets, included the number to call and reserve, and said to mention ___. The blank space is a 3-digit code.

Is this a pin? Or just a regular deal sent out with the rest of them? :confused3

I received an offer like that once and was offered free dining when I called, that was a couple weeks before anybody else was offered free dining! The Cast Member on the phone at Disney World was completely shocked when he saw the deal I got. It made me feel like we'd received something really special. lol

I don't think they planned on me actually booking five seconds after I opened the card. I just happened to be waiting to see if free dining would be offered at the time.

Make sure you click on "Special Offers" on disneyworld.com before you take the offer on the card, there might be a better deal out there.

I received an offer like that once and was offered free dining when I called, that was a couple weeks before anybody else was offered free dining! The Cast Member on the phone at Disney World was completely shocked when he saw the deal I got. It made me feel like we'd received something really special. lol

I don't think they planned on me actually booking five seconds after I opened the card. I just happened to be waiting to see if free dining would be offered at the time.

Make sure you click on "Special Offers" on disneyworld.com before you take the offer on the card, there might be a better deal out there.

As of right now, there isn't. Definitely wasn't sure what to make of the letter, though, because I know there is such a thing as a pin code, but I doubted heavily this is one of them unless someone on the DISboards say otherwise.

Not an expert, but from what I have read, a pin code is something like 8 or so digits....the 3 digit code (like SX6) is just a regular code of some marketing sort.

Both times I've received one, it has come from Disney Destinations. Both of mine have been snail mail, so I'm not sure how it looks when it's an email.

Both times, it has contained a 7 or 8 letter/number combination, and said something like "Make sure to mention this code when booking."

So glad I did a search for how do you get a pin?

If you get one from Disney Destinations does that mean you have to book your hotel and ticket package through them?

I am trying to see if I have a pin for free dining. How do you get a pin sent to your email?

You can call the main Disney # and speak to a CM and ask them if there is a pin linked to your name.

So glad I did a search for how do you get a pin?

If you get one from Disney Destinations does that mean you have to book your hotel and ticket package through them?

I am trying to see if I have a pin for free dining. How do you get a pin sent to your email?

Nope. They're a division of Disney, not a travel agent. I simply emailed my travel agent and had the PIN applied to my existing reservation.

As to "How"-- that's the 64 million dollar question.

No one is really sure, though you DO want to make sure that you're on Disney's radar. So make sure you've ordered the planning DVD at the very minimum, maybe the free park maps as well.

Ok I just got an email saying my maps were mailed, at the very bottom was a series of 7 numbers with a letter at the beginning & the word Disney above them?? Could it possible be a pin???!!!!

Ok I just got an email saying my maps were mailed, at the very bottom was a series of 7 numbers with a letter at the beginning & the word Disney above them?? Could it possible be a pin???!!!!
No. A PIN email will describe the offer and specifically direct you to mention the PIN number when you call.

Save up to 35%
1/3-3/5/14, 3/14-3/22/14, 3/30-4/12/14, 4/21-5/31/14, 8/17-9/27/14

Free Dining
11/3-3/5/14

The only difference in this pin and my others is Aug. to Sept. have been added.

:cool1::worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter