Pillowtop Mattress

Don't get a Spring Air! It was the most comfortable bed I'd ever slept in at the beginning. Now its lumpy & awful, and only a year & half old!

I was thinking about one of these from Sams Club. As anyone every brought one of these?

Serta® Ridgefield Super Pillowtop Matt.

Serta® Stellaris Super Pillowtop Matt.

We also had a spring air that only lasted for a year. We got a good deal on it, but I guess you get what you pay for when it comes to a mattress.

We got ours from Ethan Allen, on the expensive side. Very comfortable. DH and I bought our bed from there so we just gave in and got the mattress there too.:confused3

We had a pillowtop for 2 years, paid $1200 for it, HATED it, got lumpy and we had "pits' where we slept! We just replaced it with a memory foam one from Serta, LOVE it so far....had it a couple of months!! Just my 2 cents....Good luck finding the right mattress! Too bad we can't spend the night in the store to see how it really feels...LOL :lmao:

Don't get a Spring Air! It was the most comfortable bed I'd ever slept in at the beginning. Now its lumpy & awful, and only a year & half old!

Ugh! Same here. We have a Spring Air Eurotop. It was great for 6 months. Now, 2 years later DH and I sleep in sink holes. I am working on getting a refund, but so far no luck. The company claims that body impressions are "normal" despite their 15 year warranty. Ours are really deep now (they were even bad a year ago). I wish I had researched it more before buying it because my back is killing me.

Sealy Posturepedic (Mattress discounter's version: Emotion PT)
It's not the most expensive, but it did cost about $1K which on my budget was the best I could afford. It's lived up to the posturepedic name & is the most comfortable bed I've ever owned. :) (going on year 4 with no issues)

As my grandmother always said:
There are two things in life you can't go cheap on: Good shoes and a good bed. The shoes will keep you going even when your legs ache from standing all day. The bed will help your body recover from today and get a good start on tomorrow.

She's right & Personally, I'd like to add TP to that list too ;):rotfl:

Just my 2 cents....Good luck finding the right mattress! Too bad we can't spend the night in the store to see how it really feels...LOL :lmao:

ITA - our new mattress felt great in the store but it's not the same as sleeping on it for hours. We bought a pillowtop lower end Sealy & like it so far. A little tad harder than I wanted but so much softer & better than our old one that we are happy so far. DH had trouble sleeping on it at first. I think we were so used to sleeping in sinkholes that a "real" bed was a shock to his system!

If you have a bad bed & are thinking of replacing it - do it. We wonder why we put up w/an uncomfortable bed so long.

We have a spring air that is 11 years old. Ours only has about a 1/2 inch top. It is still extremely comfortable.

But..... I know many people who have bought all different types of pillow top beds that are much thicker than ours. ALL have now deep wells in them after only a year or two. All have had the mattress replaced. At this point I would not a pillow top that was more than about a 1/2 inch thick.

We have a Sealy Posturpedic pillow top. It's three years old and we don't have any "body impressions". It's the most comfortable bed we've ever slept in. The only down side is that it's 18" thick and finding sheets (even "extra deep pocket" ones) to stay on it has been challenging. We finally tried the Sealy brand sheets (which have stretchy polyester sides) and they are wonderful!! Good luck on your quest!!

I just bought memory foam from overstock.com. Got the bundle pack which is 2 of the 2" toppers (that will give me 4inches total) and 4 memory foam pillows. Used a code to get an additonal 7% off and shipping was only a buck. So total was around 104 dollars. There were over 700 reviews on this and for the most part everyone seems to like it.

Don't they have a new type of pillow top where it zips off? We have a Serta (mid to high level), and that thing has big wells in it. We even asked about it a year after we bought it, and the guy said "Oh that works itself out". Whatever, it never did.

I think I've seen ones where you can take the pillow top off to wash (and maybe reshape?). Otherwise, I don't think we will buy another one.

if you are looking for a sealy they sell them at biglots and right now I have coupons for friends and family day. 20% off March 8th (I think that's the date) If you PM me your address I'll send you a coupon to be used in store.

We have a Sealy Reflexions (foam) Pillowtop. WICKED expensive--about $3000 for the king set. But it's soooo comfortable. I never ache in the morning. I love getting into bed and hate crawling out. Best investment we ever made. It doesn't need to be turned or flipped.

In our guest room we've got a Sealy Posturepedic Inspire Plush Piollowtop. It's so comfortable that two different sets of friends who have visted and slept in it have gone home and bought one! $900 for the mattress and box spring for a double/full.

Anne

We bought a Stearns & Foster back in August. We bought the medium firmness (king size) with a pillowtop around $3,000. It is so worth the money!!!

Our sales guy told us that with pillowtops, especially on a king size, we will get a crown- Raised area between our two body indentions. He said that every so often (or when it is getting bad) we should lay in the middle of the bed for awhile and it will help with redistributing the material in the pillowtop. I usually go to bed earlier at least once a week, so I try to do this. We haven't had any problem yet.

I spent $100 on a mattress top from Linens and Things - it is lumpy and worthless, we take it out and fluff it, but still, not good for that money...

I just bought memory foam from overstock.com. Got the bundle pack which is 2 of the 2" toppers (that will give me 4inches total) and 4 memory foam pillows. Used a code to get an additonal 7% off and shipping was only a buck. So total was around 104 dollars. There were over 700 reviews on this and for the most part everyone seems to like it.

So this was what we did next, and its great, same area of overstock!!

Good luck - btw its my ds21 bed - dh and I have a waterbed - got it when we first were married 25 years ago - and no problems.. well we did get a leak last year, dh patched it and we're using regular deep pocket sheets - I hate that waterbeds are gone now, but I love how it sleeps - hate going to hotels tho!! (bad back here!)

I've often wondered how those hugely $$$ air mattresses are Paul Harvey advertizes!! (when we sleep on the aero bed, they are comfy..)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter