Pillowcase Signing Do They Still Do This?

Colored sharpies do not fade after washing- but the brown one does run and ruin it. Luckily, this was on a shirt I had to make for a school project and my mom washed it afterwards. The only color that dissapeared was black, ironically. But I don't think I used a sharpie for black.

calmom said:
Regarding the tours - we took the Pirate tour in P.V. and really enjoyed it. They put on quite a show. The kids had a blast. Some people did seem to get some motion sickness, but we did fine. There are still jelly fish everywhere so we did not go snorkeling as planned on that excursion. The bathrooms on board were nice, and the dining area for the lunch was well ventilated (it was under deck, but lots of fans).

Welcome Home Lisa! Not to hijack the thread but we're doing the Pirate Sail and so many people have warned us NOT to do it because of the motion sickness. We're taking Bonine as a precaution because it sounds like SO much fun. The jellies do concern us though. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it!

Lisa

Do you think they would accept a poster for signatures? I was thinking about getting a Disney poster for each of my kids that could be signed and framed to hang in their rooms after the cruise?

Mary :flower:

I Was On A Cruise On The Magic Early Of 05 And When We Asked They Said That They Will Not Except Any More Things To Be Signed You Must Do To The Signings And Get Them Yourself

Different On Are 04 Cruise We Got 22 Autographs So They Might Have Brought It Back Im Not Shure But Good Luck

Ariel&Flounder'sMom said:
I really think it depends on how busy the people are who are signing them.

What do you mean "the people who are signing them"? It's Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora, Stitch, Lilo, Alice, White Rabbit, Dopey, Mulan, Pinocchio, Geppetto, Mushu, Timon, Wendy Darling, Terk, Mr. Smee, The Genie, Chip and Dale, Donald Duck, even Captain Hook. They were all on board and they all took the time to sign my things. There were no "people" signing for them!! :rolleyes:

LiserAnn said:
Two questions: 1) Did you find a photo mat that actually had a 6x8 opening? All the ones I found were 8x10 or 5x7 openings. Did you get it at a photo framing store? 2) What type of tape did you use to mask off the edge...I'm concerned (with my luck) whatever I use will stick to the mat.

Thanks!
Lisa

The opening must be 5x7--I didn't measure it, but the 6x8s fit fine anyway because I just centered the picture and taped it to the back of the mat. It only covered a bit around the edges--the edge of the table next to us, etc. I even got the little box at the bottom that says "Palo" to fit completely inside the mat, although the triangle that says "Lumiere's" on the other one doesn't show. I got them at Aaron Brothers, just off the rack. You could probably have one specially cut at a framing store, though, if you had time and wanted the opening to be 6x8. I never thought of that.

I didn't mask the edges, but I wish I had. A couple of the signatures are not covered by the frame, but just a little bit close to the edge of it. I would just use masking tape--I'd probably ask at an art supply store what they would recommend. I would think some kind of artist's masking tape would work. They look good, though.

needalatte said:
What do you mean "the people who are signing them"? It's Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora, Stitch, Lilo, Alice, White Rabbit, Dopey, Mulan, Pinocchio, Geppetto, Mushu, Timon, Wendy Darling, Terk, Mr. Smee, The Genie, Chip and Dale, Donald Duck, even Captain Hook. They were all on board and they all took the time to sign my things. There were no "people" signing for them!! :rolleyes:

Of course - that's what I meant :banana: ... can't you just picture it. 20 characters sitting around a great big table signing pillowcases. Maybe they're singing songs - I can hear the Snow White song, "hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work we go..."

I took an 8x10 mat with a 5x7 opening and a pkg. of green/blue/red/black Sharpies. I used double-sided scrapbooking adhesive to attach it to the piece of cardboard that came with it. On the cardboard, I wrote which characters DD wanted and that I did NOT want anyone to sign so that it would be turned upside down. I now have a very nice (vertical/portrait) mat with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto (and they threw in Lilo, Stitch, Chip and Dale). Mickey and Minnie got the "places of honor" (Mickey on top and Minnie on the bottom). He wrote the "your pal, Mickey Mouse" thing and she wrote "Love and kisses, Minnie Mouse xoxo".

I wrote my name and cabin # on the ziplock bag and delivered it to Guest Services the first night. They told me to come back after 10 p.m. on the last night. Hint: write yourself a sticky note for the mirror. If it hadn't been for that note, I would not have remembered to go back with the craziness of packing.

Melanie

We leave tomorrow for our cruise that leaves on Saturday. I just did the pillowcase and a t-shirt today to get signed. We are so excited!!!! I have put them in the bag with colored sharpies but I have a question.
Do they put something in the pillowcase so that the sharpies do not run onto the back of the pillowcase? Or do I need to provide something?
Also what size sharpie did you use? The really thin writers or the most common size one?
Thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!!!

::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

This is great :lovestruc What would I do without these boards :scared1: (scary thought!)

I will have to get pillowcases for my DS's and DD...

fasttj2004 said:
I Was On A Cruise On The Magic Early Of 05 And When We Asked They Said That They Will Not Except Any More Things To Be Signed You Must Do To The Signings And Get Them Yourself

Different On Are 04 Cruise We Got 22 Autographs So They Might Have Brought It Back Im Not Shure But Good Luck

We went with Needalatte and also did photo mats. Everyone signed them no problems. There is a form that Guest Services fills out to put in a bag with your item. Not sure why they hassled you about it in early 2005. Someone must have been having a sour day.

needalatte said:
Take it to guest services on the first day or two of your cruise and your room steward will deliver it to your room on the last night. If it's a surprise, let them know so they can return in discreetly.

Like I posted earlier, we bought 2 11x17" white photo mats and had them signed. We put the 6x8" Shutters pictures from Palo and formal night in them and framed them. They look really good! Just make sure you tell them which way you want them signed--landscape or portrait--and mask off about 1/4 inch around the edge so the frame doesn't cover the sigs. Have a nice romantic anniversary picture taken to put in there and voila! You can bring the frame along or buy a Disney frame in the gift shop, buy the picture(s) at Shutters and give it to DW at the end of the cruise.

You can also do T-shirts and probably anything else you can think of that can be written on. Tote bags, hats, maybe?

Great idea. We'll be celebrating our 10th anny on our cruise. I think I'll try that. Thanks Betsy.

Bump :rolleyes1

What's the latest on this? I was going to get a friend who has a monogramming business to do some special pillowcases for us.

Don't want to build up the excitement (or buy the cases ;) ) if they aren't doing this...

Anyone do it lately?

We were on the Repo cruise 2 weeks ago and they were still signing things. We dropped off a pillowcase the 1st night and had the princess' sign them and then on the 31st of August, we dropped off a t-shirt and most of the characters signed them. We recieved them from the stateroom host on the last night.

I neat alternative is to go to makit.com and order a plate making kit. For $5.95 you get 50 plate sheets adn two sets of markers which you can have made into 9" plates for $3.95. Our sons favorite plate has everyone sig on it and it will last longer than a pillowcase!

We were just on the 9/3 Magic and had a quilt signed. There were large panels with the characters on them. Each of the characters signed in their panel. On advice of others, we included a variety of laundry markers for the characters to use - they usually picked a color that coordinated with their outfit in the pictures.

We also had one of the maps of the Caribbean that you can buy in Treasure Ketch. We first went to the Captain signing and had Captain Thord draw our route on the map and sign it. We then dropped it off at Guest Services for Captain Mickey to sign.

We were on the July 23rd Disney Magic cruise. In my carry-on board bag, I had two ziploc bags---one with a pillowcase and one with a t-shirt. I included in each bag about 10 different colored sharpies. As soon as we were on the boat I went straight to the guest services and turned in both bags. There was no problem at all! They were delivered to our room on the last night before dinner. It turned out amazing!
Before we left I made an iron-on transfer with a picture of the Disney cruise ship (scanned from a coloring book) and wrote Cruisin' with Characters. When we got it back it was signed by 29 characters. We are a hugh disney vacation family and this was by far the best thing I have ever brought home from a Disney trip!
On the t-shirt I ironed on something that said "I coach a bunch of characters" and a picture of about 6 characters. They had the same 29 sign that too. My kids gave that to their cheer coach when we returned.
So YES this is a MUST DO for a Disney cruise! When you get it back, you will wonder why you did not get more things signed!
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

Does the Wonder allow you to have things signed also? I like the pillow case idea would like to do one for my niece.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter