Pillowcase - Markers bleeding through?

TheTexasGal

Mouseketeer
For those that have done the pillowcase signatures - did you have an issue with the markers bleeding though to the other side? Did you put anything in between your pillowcase to keep this from happening?

I am thinking of buying the STAINED markers by Sharpie that are brush tip markers made to resist fading when washed. I am concerned that they might bleed through. I am thinking of putting a piece of posterboard or file folder between the pillowcase but I am concerned that this will make it a pain to pack.

Any thought? Thanks! :)

For those that have done the pillowcase signatures - did you have an issue with the markers bleeding though to the other side? Did you put anything in between your pillowcase to keep this from happening?

I am thinking of buying the STAINED markers by Sharpie that are brush tip markers made to resist fading when washed. I am concerned that they might bleed through. I am thinking of putting a piece of posterboard or file folder between the pillowcase but I am concerned that this will make it a pain to pack.

clear contact paper. turn the pillowcase inside out, apply on the side that will be signed. flip the pillow case right side out. still flexible, no possibility of bleeding through to the back side. Cant promise that the markers themselves wont "blow" the signitures by bleeding outwards from the lines.

Use fabric markers. They won't bleed through and will not wash out. You can also put butcher paper between the layers. Easy to fold and won't bleed through.

I have had pillowcases done twice while on the wonder. They gave them back to me without any problems. Signatures only on one side. no bleeding through.
I have used both kinds of markers. when I got home I heat set them before washing with a dry iron and so far that has worked for me. I would suggest you take out the light colored markers. Dont show up as nicely. Enjoy:hippie:

When we did a t-shirt we included a piece of cardboard we had slid inside the shirt. No problems at all.

Jim

I used Stained by Sharpie for two white cotton shirts. No bleeding through!

Are all fabric markers created equal? I bought Fabric markers today by Uchida but when I got home I realized they don't say Permanent! Are all Fabric markers permanent? They also look like a finer point. Not sure I got the right kind of markers to autograph a pillowcase.

Also...any type of pillowcase better? I'm assuming a higher thread count. I got pillowcase protectors with a zipper that are 500 thread count, but again, not sure that's the right thing. I have 2 1/2 weeks to get the "right" stuff.

We used the Uchida fabric markers from Michael's as well. While the word "Permanent" is not on the front of the package, it is in a list of bullet points on the back. I chose a pack of bright colors and was happy with all of them on the finished product except for the yellow. I wish I had followed others' advice and taken it out of the package! The other colors look great. I pre-washed the pillow case before the trip. There was no bleeding through and the pillow case still looks great after multiple washings.

Use fabric markers. They won't bleed through and will not wash out. You can also put butcher paper between the layers. Easy to fold and won't bleed through.

DITTO - Fabric markers. Most of all don't forget to put some candies in the baggie with the pillowcase inside. The characters really like that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter