Pictures with Jackets

stubby

Mouseketeer
I am curious to know what everyone else does with their jackets? My family always brings theirs because they need them in the morning and the evening. But during the day they get warm so they always tie them around their waists. The problem with this is that they look horrible in all the pics. If you look at my pic here you will see what I am talking about.

So what does everyone else do? Do you remove them? Do you just leave them on all day and be hot? Do you tie them around your waist? Lockers can get expensive and they add on extra walking. I am looking for some ideas here.

You could take them off while waiting for the photographer, then put them on the ground, out of the way, and pick them up when the next family is getting their pics. I sometimes leave my bag near the photographers feet. But not all the time, it gets tedious and it really doesn't matter if it's in every picture or not. You could also rent a lock one day and plan to take the bulk of your pics that day.

The photographer or helper usually tells us where to put our things, e.g. bags and jackets, to keep them safe and out of the photo. Otherwise we put the jackets in the backpack (our jackets are the kind that stuff down into a pocket, so they are small).

I do a locker. Yes, it adds steps. But a small locker is $7/day, and I'm willing to pay $7/day to not have to carry my stuff for half my day! For coats, and even extra pairs of shoes, your shouldn't need any more than a small locker. Our family of 3 can put all our coats (those 3-in-1 Columbia jackets), extra shoes, and still have room for our extra water bottles and random smallish purchases.

The first thing we do when we get to the parks is get a locker, they are not that expensive and I hate to carry things around.

Here is another vote for a locker. I don't think it ads that much walking. You go to it once to put the jackets in and once to get them out. Considering how many miles we walk during the course of a day it doesn't seem bad.

But during the day they get warm so they always tie them around their waists. The problem with this is that they look horrible in all the pics.

This is not something I care about for my group. :)

But we don't have things tied around our waists anyway, because we carry backpacks with room for any outerwear we might have. Simply because we don't want to have things tied around our waists.

ETA, and I don't think your picture looks bad *at all* or in any way. It looks like a story of that day. If I even notice the waists (I don't look at waists of strangers in general), with your info that you were cold then got hot and put the jackets around your waists, I think "it was a cool morning (ooh those cool Disneyland mornings have such a *feel* to them, don't they? they remind me of walking to high school in San Jose), then it got warm (yep, it does that!) and they took off their jackets".

I mean, literally, that's what went through my mind. They don't look bad at all. They look like you went to Disneyland, met a character, and had FUN. A story of the day, in one picture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter