Pictures on Solo trips

starlitsinger88

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone! I'm planning a day trip on 6/7/2010 all by my lonesome. My favorite part about Disney is getting the autographs and pictures, but last time I went by myself for the day, my pictures weren't that great. When I go with friends, they know to take at least 4-5 pictures of each character, whereas strangers take one - maybe two - and call it good.

So, when on solo trips, should I just stick to rides? Or are there magic words I can use without sounding crazy ("No. Really. Could you just take a few more pictures?)? Or maybe someone is going to be in Disney on the 7th and wants to be my personal photographer?

-Alana

well now you know - so that one or if you luck 2 pictures - should be the best you can get.;)

most people (even in the digit age) think about the price of developing.

since that is not a problem for you - say so upfront. Also make sure you return the favor - if they have your picture - you should take one of them.:thumbsup2

Alana, I don't think you should alter your plans and skip your favorite things just because you may not get a few good pictures. A few ideas:

1. Stretch your arm out real long and snap your own photos (which I did for my last trip).

2. When someone else takes your picture, after the first one, say "Do you mind taking one or two more?" It's not likely that they'll say "No!" and throw the camera back at you.

Enjoy your trip! :thumbsup2

I had great luck on my last solo trip with pictures. I used mostly photopass photographers and character handlers but each took multiple pictures with both my own camera and for photopass. And the one time I used a stranger, she actually took like 5 pictures of me and Pocahontas. I don't think you should have any problems if you ask people to take more.

In May I had the photopass CMs take a few with their camera and mine. Glad I did I lost my photopass card and only have the ones from my camera. If you meet with characters their handlers will snap a few pics with your camera. CMs are always happy to take pics just ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter