Pictures of things No Longer Seen at WDW

I'm happy you guys liked the pictures of both parks. Those pictures had been in a drawer for years before I found them, no one remembered they were there lol. I tried to find more of MK from '71 but no luck. I'm now on the hunt for pictures I remember seeing of when my mom, dad, aunt, and uncle went to EPCOT around the time it opened. They could either be at my mom's house or grandma's so it could take a while.

So I found the EPCOT pics from that trip but their wasn't anything that interesting in them that trip they went in 1985. I did find some of the information/guide brochures from when my mom and grandma went in Dec. 1982 and thought I'd share those since its not things you can get any more obviously.

First are the tickets....I wish it was still $15 for one day...

109_0485_zpsfz03r5e1.jpg

109_0487_zpsrkzilxut.jpg

ceb9f828-a22a-4350-8245-90f11f608186_zpsl4cxrolz.jpg

109_0490_zpsxh8hasia.jpg

109_0492_zpspcrrripc.jpg

109_0493_zps1jjspbxc.jpg

109_0494_zpsfuppwud3.jpg

109_0495_zpstojsghk6.jpg

109_0498_zpsef9iis9w.jpg

109_0499_zpsvf4tubmx.jpg

109_0501_zps2aua0uts.jpg

109_0502_zpsshlb4k8g.jpg

109_0506_zpst6854txv.jpg

109_0507_zpsyc0rvy72.jpg

No more Lady & the Tramp waffles. Tony's hasn't served breakfast in many years now. My parents saw them selling the waffle iron at Property Control, which is where they sell old equipment to CM's. That was a sad, sad day when they told me that because it meant, even if Tony's would start serving breakfast again...no L&T waffle.

No more Lady & the Tramp waffles. Tony's hasn't served breakfast in many years now. My parents saw them selling the waffle iron at Property Control, which is where they sell old equipment to CM's. That was a sad, sad day when they told me that because it meant, even if Tony's would start serving breakfast again...no L&T waffle.

Thanks for the info

That 1982 info was interesting. People tell me I imagined seeing Candlelight Processional at MK, or tell me I have to be thinking of Disneyland, but we did see it at MK at least twice. The processional would walk down Main Street toward the train station. There were a few seats for VIPs, but everyone else had to stand to watch. We would stand on the curb at the Emporium corner so we would be a little above the people in front of us, because my mom was kind of short. Good memories!

There was a tunnel of moving lights at the original Imagination pavilion at Epcot - upstairs in the Image Works. Could that be it? I don't remember the date it closed, but it was definitely there in the mid 80's. The lights would change color and kind of follow you along as you went through the tunnel.

We didn't go to Epcot, just MK and DTD. Anyone else remember anything it might have been?

Wait...Le Cellier was a counter service restaurant??
In the early years it was a "buffeteria." I remember eating there during that time period. Found this reference on Yesterland:
Le Cellier—which is now a Signature Dining steakhouse and one of Walt Disney World’s hardest reservations to get—was once a place where you would grab a tray, pick food from a line, pay at a register, and find your own table. In fact, that’s how it was until 1997.

From DemonLlama's post just above:

View attachment 126196

What in the world is this??? It looks like a bicycle powered selfie camera. And I was at Epcot in 86, but that was long enough ago that I sure don't remember this...

It's an exercise bike. You would peddle your way through I believe it was Disneyland or the MK. It was in the Wonders of Life pavillion

It's an exercise bike. You would peddle your way through I believe it was Disneyland or the MK. It was in the Wonders of Life pavillion

I remember that! And does anyone remember about the same time, they had the Coach's Corner? That was where you could choose one of 4 sports, I remember 2 were baseball and golf. DS #1 chose golf, swung a golf club, then a recorded "tip, given by a famous golfer, about his swing showed up on the overhad monitor. DS #2 did the same thing with baseball and got a tip from a famous baseball player. Unfortunately I don't have a photo, and perhaps that attraction didn't last long-this was within weeks after WOL opened.

Does anyone have any good photos from the 80's and 90's of someone meeting Oliver from Oliver & Company?

That's not the Wonders of Life bicycle with the footage of the MK.

It's clearly a camera projecting the image of the rider back onto the screen and it's in one of the Innovention buildings back when they were still called the Communicore

I have been registered on this forum since 2011 and always just lurked. But, I just had to post a comment to this thread. Thanks to everyone for posting these pictures and the information. I have thoroughly enjoyed every page. It has inspired me to go through my albums and try to post the old photos I have. Again thanks!!!

Sorry for the poor quality--these pictures are about 30-35 years old. This was Easter Mass at the Polynesian. (I'm pretty sure it's not offered there anymore?)

Some of the pictures after this in our photo album show my sister and me in our swimsuits at the pool there. We must have pool hopped right after Mass because I know we were staying at the campground.

Easter Communion.jpg Easter Mass.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter