Pictures of things No Longer Seen at WDW

A "Living With The Land" boat with a live narrator!!

wdw-epcot-theland1.JPG

Hunchback of Notre Dame and Hercules Characters

Hunchback Characters.jpg

Phil.jpg

Esmeralda.jpg

The picture below was taken in MGM on the Streets of America. After Characterpalooza ended, the characters loaded onto the carts and were driven away.

Character Trolley.jpg

See, I liked the "Masquerade" show in Epcot. They moved so gracefully and the show was really very good!

I don't have pictures, but Tarzan Rocks was our very favorite show EVER. We saw Nemo once and can't stand to go there! Thanks for all the pictures and memories. Later tonight,when I am home alone, I am going to watch the "Remember the Magic" parade and shed a few tears. DD LOVED that parade. We used to watch from just before the bridge that crosses from Liberty Square/Sleepy Hollow over to the Hub. There was great character interaction there; DD was always pulled to help set the table in "Be Our Guest." Best time, though, was when Dopey liked DD's hat. He played with her, kept coming back to her, and finally pulled her into the parade to dance with him. It was SUCH an amazing experience!

Why do I like the "old" Disney better than the new one? I really preferred it when Disney prided themselves on presenting the best of live entertainment instead of the high-tech, interactive, amuse-yourself stuff that is becoming so prominent at WDW these days.

The stroller parking at the Lego Store DTD with the little Lego parking meters (1999)

More Skippy! We all had to have one after Extra-Terror-estrial Alien Encounter(1995ish)

Before Toy Story Midway Mania:

Last edited:
Finally, I made it through all the pages!!! What wonderful memories some of these bring back! I could write a whole page on all the memories that the pictures have stirred up...Thank you all for the memories!!!

Moving on to 1992

I am not sure who this was. The show was in Japan and my DD was thrilled to be picked to be in it
003.jpg

White Rabbit signing my youngest DD's arm. She broke her wrist the week before the trip.
011.jpg

Family of the Day in the parade at MGM - The Dinosaurs from the TV show
002.jpg

Only my kids would do this
022.jpg

They used to have this guy and Darth Vader as you headed down the ramp from Star Tours exit
030.jpg

Muppet stage show
035.jpg

Miss Piggy posed for pictures
036.jpg

Before Fantasmic the fireworks were over the Great movie Ride and a giant Sorcerer Mickey appeared at the finale
050 (2).jpg

I actually have no idea when this was taken, but I found this going through my aunt's pictures (she passed away last week and no one seems to remember when the trip was-- looks early to mid 80's to me-- way before I was born!). Anyway, I love seeing everyone's old pictures and this one-- it just looks like it even felt different back then-- and I just can't get over the adorable character interaction in this picture :)

View attachment 80546
yea was awesome when dreamfinder roamed with figment, his left are was fake and his hand moved figment instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter