Pictures of things No Longer Seen at WDW

Do you know where? I'd love to check it out next time I'm there!

I realize I'm replying to a two year old post but...

The Mickey statue at Comerica Park is near the Big Cat Court (where the carousel is) just inside the gates. I can post a picture if you'd like.

Wait! Is the whole parade gone, or just this parade vehicle?
No! The whole parade has not gone away. But there are differences in the current incarnation - including the name. The originally posted picture was taken about 30 years ago; the one below, in January, 2015,

2qujgwm.jpg

Oh, how I wish this were still true -- that Electrical Parade had changed but was still there. As I'm reading these two-year-old posts with a current lens, I just thought the question was about the recent retirement of the parade. This one hurts! I really missed having the Electrical Parade at our last trip.

I realize I'm replying to a two year old post but...

The Mickey statue at Comerica Park is near the Big Cat Court (where the carousel is) just inside the gates. I can post a picture if you'd like.

Welcome!

Hope you find much useful and fun information on the DISboard.

If you have a picture we would love to see it. Thank you for checking out the thread.

Also, thanks to all who have shared their pictures and memories. It is still a wonder to me how this thread has developed. Thanks to all.

FigmentIsTheBest (OP)

This is not my photo, found it on the Disney Parks blog, but it does show early park memories for me. From 1971 to 1976 admission to the park was about $4. This circled area was where my grandma would sit with her knitting. She would occasionally ride IASW or Peter Pan and did enjoy Hall of Presidents and the Tiki Room, but mostly when we went to the park, she found a shady spot and knitted. Meanwhile, we dragged grandpa all over the park waving as we went by or from the Skyway. Because passes are all inclusive now, grandma would never have gone to the parks.
View attachment 80287

Poor Dumbo looks so sparse in this picture. Only 10 elephants on the ride! Imagine the lines with that kind of low capacity! I'm certainly a fan of tradition, but I'm glad they increased the number of elephants on Dumbo (although the old location behind the castle was so classic!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter