• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pictures of the Auto Train????

You are welcome, and again I apologize for coming off as a bad person (Tink didn't put me in timeout yet, though :duck:).

We are here to help, so ask away. In fact if you are taking the train, Amtrak is a trading partner for Ultimate Rewards (Chase credit card's rewards program), and most to all of the cost could be mitigated with a few UR points :rolleyes1. Plus, Amtrak has a frequent user program that may be worthwhile in reviewing, in case it is something you end up enjoying.

The day is young!!!

Seriously people...this is how we got such a bad rap on the DIS. We are not unfriendly. We are not rude. We all want to help others find the info they need.
It is not up to us to tell people that they haven't done their proper research!!!

You want stupid, repetitive questions??? Try being me. How many times do we see a question about how long will it take to get to my resort using DME? Or, exactly what does 3.4oz really mean???

People like to ask their own questions. So, with that in mind, either answer the question to the best of your abilities or just move along. If you feel it's a stupid question, or one that has been asked every 38 seconds...again, move on.
While I do appreciate the research that some of you do, on behalf of our posters, sometimes we give too much info!!! It's like the little boy who asks his mom where he came from...she goes into shock and starts the whole 'birds and the bees' lecture. She gets done and asks if he has any questions. His response?? Yeah, that's great but where was I born? Where did I come from??

Sometimes simpler is okay.

People like to ask their own questions. So, with that in mind, either answer the question to the best of your abilities or just move along. If you feel it's a stupid question, or one that has been asked every 38 seconds...again, move on.
:thumbsup2 Thankyou!

To OP:
We did the autotrain once, driving from NH to Lorton and enjoyed the experience. We went in coach though so we do not have bedroom photos. I would definitely recommend the experience at least once!

:thumbsup2 Thankyou!

To OP:
We did the autotrain once, driving from NH to Lorton and enjoyed the experience. We went in coach though so we do not have bedroom photos. I would definitely recommend the experience at least once!

Thanks! I'm seriously considering it. I appreciate your input.

Thanks! I'm seriously considering it. I appreciate your input.

Definitely try it! You never know, you may all LOVE it!

We love the family bedrooms, we love the roomettes! But these days, we just drive. It's been a progression of sorts. ::yes:: We like being with each other for long amounts of time, and in fact are hatching a plan for the occasional train trip (sans AutoTrain) when we aren't planning to leave The Bubble. :lovestruc

We did the autotrain roundtrip twice. Only once (north to south) we had coach seats and the other 3 times had the family bedroom. Personally, we would NEVER do coach seats again, none of us slept at all. We enjoyed the family bedroom. We thought it had enough room for us but just keep in mind that when they open your beds, the room is very limited, so don't tell them to open the beds too soon. My kids loved the train and it was adventurous and different. We have been flying lately because it is just easier and less time-consuming and the autotrain is costly.

Sigh. Aren't you familiar with this proverb:

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

On this board it's more like:

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a few hours. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter