• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pictures of Nemo Ride-subs are doing practice runs

Dizneydaz

DIS Veteran
The fence is finally down around the submarine lagoon and I was able to get these pictures on Wed. (5-16). This brings back memories! :grouphug: Enjoy!

NemosubNeptune.jpg

Neptune
nemosubcloseup.jpg

Close up of Neptune-see the driver?
nemosub.jpg

Going under the falls (well it will be falls when they turn it on!)
nemosubandD.jpg

DD7 in front of subs
nemobirdandsub-1.jpg

Seagulls-"Mine, mine, mine..." (They move)
nemosignandD.jpg

DD in front of countdown sign
nemosubsandmonorail.jpg

Subs and monorail-Classic Disney!
nemosubs.jpg

Subs in loading area
nemosign.jpg

Sign with opening date in DTD

Thanks for posting the pics! I might be going before the opening, oh well...but it looks great! :)

How exciting! I was kinda bummed before since we weren't going until October, but we'll be there later that week that it opens now! So excited!

Sure does bring back a lot of childhood memories, of course I think this is going to be way better then the old ride.

Thanks for posting the pics! I might be going before the opening, oh well...but it looks great! :)

You might get lucky.:goodvibes Disneyland always does a soft opening for their new rides. You might luck out.

I know that DL is doing a special AP preview event on June 6 and June 7th. APH have to enter online for a chance to win. So, depending on when you are going, you might have a chance. I would say that June 6-7th are out (they say they are strictly enforcing the ride times) but maybe, from the 7-10, it'll be soft opened. When are you going?

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! :blush:

Thank you for the pics! This brings back great childhood memories. I can't wait to ride it in September!:banana:

Great photos! :thumbsup2

This will be our first ever visit to Disneyland in August. What exactly happens on this attraction? We have been to WDW several times but there is nothing like this there. :confused3

Great photos! :thumbsup2

This will be our first ever visit to Disneyland in August. What exactly happens on this attraction? We have been to WDW several times but there is nothing like this there. :confused3

I'm sure the concept will be very similar to the old submarine ride but with Nemo characters added in. Basically you enter into the sub from the top and sit facing the portholes. Then you "dive" under and see the sea life around you. (You are actually on a track, and not submerged). You make the 1/2 loop around the lagoon and then go under the waterfall (not running in my pix) and see more sea life. (I already have my DD7 convinced that the fishes we could see from on top are real! :rotfl2: ) In the old version there was an underwater volcano starting to erupt so we had to hurry back to port!

That's the basics of the ride, but I'm sure they'll be alot of Nemo stuff involved (Years ago when it first closed the rumor was that it would be Little Mermaid.) It's just nice that they finally brought it back! :goodvibes

Thanks DisneyDaz - so the fish you see aren't real then? Sorry, just need to know as I have a fish phobia! :rotfl2:

Thanks DisneyDaz - so the fish you see aren't real then? Sorry, just need to know as I have a fish phobia! :rotfl2:

Oops-sorry did I spoil it? :rotfl2: Okay, so they are real, but they are very friendly.:goodvibes Just don't look too hard or you may see the cables (that's how they used to be attached) Of course the seagulls, on the buoy, are real. Hope you don't have a bird phobia, as well! :rotfl2:

IMG_8687.jpg

Disneydaz here is a pic of the countdown from the same day. Great pics your dd wears the same headbands as my dd7 too. pirate:

You might get lucky.:goodvibes Disneyland always does a soft opening for their new rides. You might luck out.

I know that DL is doing a special AP preview event on June 6 and June 7th. APH have to enter online for a chance to win. So, depending on when you are going, you might have a chance. I would say that June 6-7th are out (they say they are strictly enforcing the ride times) but maybe, from the 7-10, it'll be soft opened. When are you going?

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! :blush:

Went yesterday, so just got to peak at the area...which was still cool! Can't wait to ride it...

Great pictures, thanks for posting. We never did the sub many years ago as the lines were always so long. I've warned the kids about the lines this time around and we're all so excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter