• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pictures of hair braiding on little girls

Just out of curiosity, is the price per braid, is that whether you do the full length of the hair or whether just half the head, as many of the pictures show?

Or is it per braid, no matter the length that is braided?

The length of your hair and how much of it you want to be braided. For example if you have long hair below your shoulder and wanted it braided from top to bottom it would be more

Here is DD on Pirate Night:

ry%3D400

It hurt a bit but she really wanted it done and did not want them to come out. We had them done on the ship and the woman was really good. I think it was about $25 plus tip.

It looks like most people did the headband style, is that the most popular? Are there other styles that would work well on little girls? I was hoping to avoid the sides of the head where they would lay on a pillow but I suppose that wouldn't keep their hair out of their eyes. Hmmm

The length of your hair and how much of it you want to be braided. For example if you have long hair below your shoulder and wanted it braided from top to bottom it would be more

Okay, so the base price for example of $2/braid.....is that for the full length of hair, and then if you do just half the head, it is less? Or is it $2 per braid for say 4 or 5 inches of hair, and then if you want the full length, it is more?

It looks like most people did the headband style, is that the most popular? Are there other styles that would work well on little girls? I was hoping to avoid the sides of the head where they would lay on a pillow but I suppose that wouldn't keep their hair out of their eyes. Hmmm

My DD does not get the cornrows, she doesn't want to sit there that long. The will get 3-5 braids on each side of her center part. These are actual free moving braids and then the top of her head looks like it has little squares with the braids coming out from them. A lot of people commented on her braids and said it made more sense than the cornrows and wouldn't hurt. She can still pull her hair back in a ponytail or wear a headband. She usually keeps them in about 4-5 weeks.
The braids cost $1. each and then I think they charge 50cents more for hair longer than shoulder length.

This pics below show her hair from the side when pulled back and from the front worn down.

196.jpg

064.jpg

We had my daughter's hair done last year when she was 4. She HATED it. I am sure the entire island of Castaway Cay could hear her screaming. It was a very unpleasant experience. So be aware that if you have daughters that hate having their hair brushed or pulled at they will NOT like having it braided. They have to pull really hard and it hurts to have it done. I think it was around $40. We didn't have any appointment or anything like that. We just walked up to the place where they braid hair.

But the end result once all the tears were dry was that my daughter LOVED her braids. It was also wonderful to not have to do a single thing with her hair our entire vacation. We went to Disney World for a week after the cruise and her braids lasted the entire time. Her hair was out of her face and she looked really cute. I was glad we did it, but I won't put her through that again!

Here's a picture from several days after she had it done. (Taken in Cinderella's Castle Suite!)

224271522_7d76M-L.jpg

We had my daughter's hair done last year when she was 4. She HATED it. I am sure the entire island of Castaway Cay could hear her screaming. It was a very unpleasant experience. So be aware that if you have daughters that hate having their hair brushed or pulled at they will NOT like having it braided. They have to pull really hard and it hurts to have it done. I think it was around $40. We didn't have any appointment or anything like that. We just walked up to the place where they braid hair.

But the end result once all the tears were dry was that my daughter LOVED her braids. It was also wonderful to not have to do a single thing with her hair our entire vacation. We went to Disney World for a week after the cruise and her braids lasted the entire time. Her hair was out of her face and she looked really cute. I was glad we did it, but I won't put her through that again!

Here's a picture from several days after she had it done. (Taken in Cinderella's Castle Suite!)

224271522_7d76M-L.jpg

Did you win a night in the suite too?

I was so hoping my daughters did not want to do this: they are wimpy. But now, I see those pink crown beads and OH MY GOD I WANT THEM! (unfortunately, MY hair looks like Ursulas, only red. Think Carrie from Zach and Cody, as I said, UNFORTUNATELY) Older daughter saw them and said...oh mooooommmmmmm, can I?

I want it too. I like the ones that do the part. I guess I'll see what DD says, and go fro mthere with her.

Here are the two photos of braiding we had done while on DCL. The full head was about 75 bucks or so and took a long time... like at least 1 1/2 hours (or at least it seemed like that)... the corn rows are a different price then the braids, etc. It was done on CC.

IMG_2037.JPG

The other was done on the ship... can't remember the price on that one.

613669.jpg

Ok, coming from a mom who's DD gets her whole head braided about every 3 weeks, here's some tips.

1. Give them a Tylenol or Ibuprofen about an hour before you go.
2. You need to tie them up at night. They'll last longer and it's better for your hair.
3. You can't do loose braids and expect them to stay longer than an hour. They will be tight. It's just something that you get used to and goes away after a day or two.
4. I don't know much about "unsanitary" braiding conditions as all you really need is a comb and some fingers, lol.
5. You are getting charged a luxury premium, lol. I get DD's whole head braided for $30.
6. If you have fine, fragile hair, reconsider getting braids as they can pull your hair out and break it off.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

My DD had it done on our last Disney cruise and loved it, she was actually exhausted when she went for her appt and fell asleep while they were braiding so I guess it didn't hurt too bad. I just made sure to put plenty of sunscreen on the braids each day as a sunburned scalp would hurt much worse than the braids. I would use the spray sunscreen and also the lotion to double up on it. But it was so nice to not have to fix her hair the entire vacation.

Any adults get their's done? I have been on 2 disney cruises...thought about getting some braids. Just a few here and there not a whole head full of them?

Haven't had braids on the ship yet but my DD gets them done every year when we go to the Outer Banks. Every year, she has fallen asleep.

The thing to keep in mind regarding the hair breakage - yes, fine hair will have more BUT there is some hair loss (brushing, etc pulls it out) on a regular basis, and with the braids, they can't go anywhere.

So when you do take the braids out, don't freak if you see breakage. Some degree is normal.

When she was 2, she only needed 3 rows done (you can have crown braids done that don't go all the way to the ears, if you are concerned about sleeping on beads), 5 last year and 7 this year.

I am going on the Dream in October, I plan to get my whole head done with braids, I'm an adult!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter