Pictures of Current Gifts

So as I'm reading this it sounds like every cruise you take they give you the bag? I thought it was once you hit the levels in the club

I was going to pack my bag this February but if they are just going to give me again a bag why pack it?

So as I'm reading this it sounds like every cruise you take they give you the bag? I thought it was once you hit the levels in the club

I was going to pack my bag this February but if they are just going to give me again a bag why pack it?

Yes you get a gift every time you cruise. So you will always get the level that you have COMPLETED. So for the 5th cruise you will still get the silver gift. I have been on 7 so far (2008-2014) and each time gotten a bag of some type .

Yes you get a gift every time you cruise. So you will always get the level that you have COMPLETED. So for the 5th cruise you will still get the silver gift. I have been on 7 so far (2008-2014) and each time gotten a bag of some type .
Well that just seems wasteful

Give me a shipboard credit for the cost of that bag then. I'll take a 5 cent credit :)

Last cruise I Left my burlap bag in my cabin, hopefully They recycled/ reused it.It smelled funny and I didn't want it in my luggage.

Yes you get a gift every time you cruise.

No. First time DCL cruisers do not get a bag (of whatever type). Once you've cruised DCL one time you are a Silver Castaway Club member. The Silver level gift is a bag (beach, back pack, some sort of bag).

You get one CC gift per room on each cruise you take.

Once you become Gold (upon completion of 5 DCL cruises), you then receive the bag plus another gift. Currently it's a tervis-style silver tumbler
2016 cup and bubble wrap P1100248 1500.jpg
Again, you get the bag plus the tumbler on each cruise (one gift per room) you take.

Once you reach Platinum, you get the bag, tumbler, plus a choice of sparkling wine; truffles; or fruit bowl. Plus a comped meal for all adults in your room at Palo.
platinum sparkling wine.jpg 2016 platinum fruit bowl 2417 P1090688 1500.jpg

Anybody get the wine they offer for platnium members? We got the truffles last time thinking we could get fruit up on the top deck. Thinking of getting the wine next time, we are not big wine drinkers either but thought we might want to try it.

I hope it isn't the burlap bag again but sounds like it is. I gave my last one away too.

I wonder if all this negativity regarding the burlap bag is getting back to DCL? If so, maybe they'll change it. Sounds like the Castaway Club majority are revolting on the burlap bag.

Anybody get the wine they offer for platnium members? We got the truffles last time thinking we could get fruit up on the top deck. Thinking of getting the wine next time, we are not big wine drinkers either but thought we might want to try it.

I hope it isn't the burlap bag again but sounds like it is. I gave my last one away too.

We always order the sparking wine and take it with us to dinner. We share it with our table mates if we have them

I liked the burlap bag just fine. No smell on ours. Roomy and with a flat bottom that made it easy for hauling our stuff around all week. The first gift we ever got was a black bag with red mesh pockets on the side. It was not very attractive really, but it was so handy. We used that one for years after.

To be clear, then. New cruisers will not get a bag. Ironically, they are the ones that need it.
You are so right. "A bag to carry stuff around and off the ship" is always the one thing I tell people not to forget to pack! We had nothing our first cruise.

Truthfully we're always happy with any "free" swag! Always fun to see what variation we get. And we find uses for it all at home. The black and red bag go to the pool with us all summer. The burlap one is great for the beach as our the cloth ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter