Pictures Of Arch Leaving Disney Property

Dyana

Earning My Ears
My DH is putting together a DVD of our last trip. At the beginning he has our picture of the welcome arch on World Drive. He would like to have the arch leaving the property at the end of the DVD. We didn't have that one. Does anyone have this picture that wouldn't mind us using it. :thanks:

I don't have one but have you seen the Florida Edison high tension transmission towers in the shape of Mickeys head ? Really cool.

P0000636.jpg

I love that antenna! But I've only gotten to see it twice. It's so cool looking!!

Do you mean the "See you again real soon" sign off to the side? If so, I think I have that and can email it to you.

Dyana said:
My DH is putting together a DVD of our last trip. At the beginning he has our picture of the welcome arch on World Drive. He would like to have the arch leaving the property at the end of the DVD. We didn't have that one. Does anyone have this picture that wouldn't mind us using it. :thanks:

I could be wrong, we drive under it at least once a week, so don't pay much attention anymore, but I don't think the arch has anything on it when leaving, but as a previous poster mentioned, there is the See you Real Soon sign.

We are headed to MK in a few minutes for the day, and I will check it out, and take photos if possible. I am great at taking pics of things along the drive.......

Even after 2 1/2 years, and weekly visits, I still love when we get to the arch on the way in!

The see you real soon sign would be a great ending to our DVD. Thank you everyone for your help.

pepe of ohio said:
I don't have one but have you seen the Florida Edison high tension transmission towers in the shape of Mickeys head ? Really cool.
There is no such thing as Florida Edison. The line you are talking about belongs to Progress Energy.

I had to wipe out our computer when we moved... still havent put any pics back in but I hope to this weekend...
If I get to it, I would be happy to send our pic of the entrance....

we went with my bro/sis in law/ niece, my parents and my fam.... so we were in two diff cars, and one day we each took a pic of the other family driving under the arch....
I still get teary eyed when I look at it! That is when I get super excited... that is when I know we are at disney!

I took a frame grab from my video from October for the entrance but I don't think I got one when we left.

If you still haven't found it in a few days, I could go through my old video tapes for you from 1999 and 2000, I am sure I got it on one of those but it will be from '99 or '00, nothing recent.

Here's the entrance:

welcome.jpg

There are 5 official entrances to Disney property (and 4 backstage non-guest entrances for anyone who cares). Only the World Drive Entrance/Exit arch says anything when you are leaving. The back of the World Drive entrance has the purple wall that says "See you real soon." The other four do not say anything at all when you are leaving.

I just looked through my old photos and I found two good shots of the welcome sign but they are from The Millenium Celebration and the 100 Years of Magic Celebration. If anyone needs them, I can scan them for you, let me know.

I couldn't find any exit photos but I am quite sure I got it on video in 2000.
Let me know if you really need it and I can go through my old video and grab a frame from it.

There really are no "arches" over the exit roads from WDW property. I have taken notice since I originally read this thread on both the exit via 535 (World Center Dr) which I normally use to go to DTD and EPCOT, MGM and on World Drive (I think that's what it's called - I don't pay attention to road names...) that takes you into Magic Kingdom, on neither of them is there and "arch" over the outgoing roadway. On one (I can't recall which one) there is a see you real soon sign on the side of the road, but nothing over the road. There is a character on the outgoing side - but facing incoming traffic - not sure if it's the same on both (I honestly don't normally pay that much attention), I remember seeing Donald.

Anyway, I don't believe that there is a picture of what you are looking for.... Next time I am driving in/out will take a photo though - it just seems we leave after dark most times, and a photo won't work - I will take a picture of the outgoing lane of traffic, so I can post what I am trying to relay here!

Here is what I was trying to explain in my previous post. If you look at the left of the picture - there is no arch over the outgoing lanes of traffic. If there were an arch, you would be able to see the connetion to the middle post which you can see is lower on the left side than it is on the right....

Timon said:
I took a frame grab from my video from October for the entrance but I don't think I got one when we left.

If you still haven't found it in a few days, I could go through my old video tapes for you from 1999 and 2000, I am sure I got it on one of those but it will be from '99 or '00, nothing recent.

Here's the entrance:

welcome.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter