Pictures of an Empty Park?

Probably won't see the parks as quiet for a few years now ..... Having switched our Easter/Spring break trips for September/October the last 3 years we are back to a choice of Easter or July 4th :scared1:

Here's one for today:

(I was a bit close up to show how dead the park was but when I finished taking this shot a couple of CM's very politely 'guided' us toward Main Street explaining that we were the last guests left in Adventureland. I so wanted to not act my age and say "SO?" But I didn't :rotfl:

Party lighting by 2Tiggies, on Flickr

:laughing: I think I have been 'guided' out of the parks every day I have ever been there. I always go to the park that has evening emh and refuse to leave until I have to

:laughing: I think I have been 'guided' out of the parks every day I have ever been there. I always go to the park that has evening emh and refuse to leave until I have to

You and I would make an ideal touring team :wave2: I have lost count of the number of times we have left a park and got to the resort buses to be instructed: "Pick a bus and just tell 'em where you're headed" because there was nobody else there except those on Walt's payroll :rotfl2:

Rather amusing one night leaving DHS we picked our bus and overheard the guy radio in his route saying, "Yeah, that's it. I think these are the last ones now" :rotfl2:

IMG_0404.jpg

You and I would make an ideal touring team :wave2: I have lost count of the number of times we have left a park and got to the resort buses to be instructed: "Pick a bus and just tell 'em where you're headed" because there was nobody else there except those on Walt's payroll :rotfl2:

Rather amusing one night leaving DHS we picked our bus and overheard the guy radio in his route saying, "Yeah, that's it. I think these are the last ones now" :rotfl2:

Sounds like my touring with my kids (who are now adults). The DH - not so much...

We drive to the parks. We were taking the tram back to the parking lot at 4:00am the MK closed at 3:00. The tram driver told us what kind of car we had and told us we were the last car in the lot. I tried my best to spend the night:rolleyes1

I could join you 2 very easy. I have never been "guided" out of a park. I have been asked if i was a guest and said yes and just went on my way of taking pics. The lastest i have left a park after closing is about 3 hours. Took my last pic of Spaceship Earth with security at the gates and didn't say a thing. while i started to walk out to my car a security vehicle drove up and asked if i knew where my car was and i said it is the only one in the parking lot. I wish i had taken a pic cause it was funny.

I could join you 2 very easy. I have never been "guided" out of a park. I have been asked if i was a guest and said yes and just went on my way of taking pics. The lastest i have left a park after closing is about 3 hours. Took my last pic of Spaceship Earth with security at the gates and didn't say a thing. while i started to walk out to my car a security vehicle drove up and asked if i knew where my car was and i said it is the only one in the parking lot. I wish i had taken a pic cause it was funny.

I have pictures of my car being the last in the lot a couple times:laughing:

Absolutely love this picture.

Can I ask what lens you used for this one?

The lens would not really matter for these type of shots.

What type of ND filter did you use and the length of exposure? Mine for this area was shot at iso 200...no filter and 30 seconds because I didn't have a remote trigger at the time. It had good color but not like this. Was there PP work done or straight from camera?

Absolutely love this picture.

Can I ask what lens you used for this one?

Thank you. Details below in response to Sundial's questions :)

The lens would not really matter for these type of shots.

What type of ND filter did you use and the length of exposure? Mine for this area was shot at iso 200...no filter and 30 seconds because I didn't have a remote trigger at the time. It had good color but not like this. Was there PP work done or straight from camera?

I used a Nikkor 18-105 lens. It was on a tripod, I believe I had removed the ND filter which I'd had on earlier for the fireworks but I can't be 100% sure. I'm fairly certain I'd taken it off by this stage though.

It was ISO160, F8, at 45 mm and exposure was 5 seconds, so not a super long exposure and I did not use the shutter release for this one.

The colors had some minor tweakings in Lightroom but they were pretty vivid SOC. I had the camera set to "Vivid" and with the wet surfaces the reflection of the lights seemed to make everything look a bit louder than it possibly was.

I'm happy to give any more detail if there is anything I have forgotten to mention :)

Thank you. Details below in response to Sundial's questions :)

I used a Nikkor 18-105 lens. It was on a tripod, I believe I had removed the ND filter which I'd had on earlier for the fireworks but I can't be 100% sure. I'm fairly certain I'd taken it off by this stage though.

It was ISO160, F8, at 45 mm and exposure was 5 seconds, so not a super long exposure and I did not use the shutter release for this one.

The colors had some minor tweakings in Lightroom but they were pretty vivid SOC. I had the camera set to "Vivid" and with the wet surfaces the reflection of the lights seemed to make everything look a bit louder than it possibly was.

I'm happy to give any more detail if there is anything I have forgotten to mention :)

I love that you had the rain to add to it. I forgot about the vivid+ setting. I used to use that but for when I shoot drag racing I leave it on normal. I also shoot f11 to f15. I will switch between the 10-24 and 24-70 2.8 Still using a nikon D40 with great results. I will be back in WDW for more pics in a couple of weeks. Plan on shooting the hat in HS before it goes away.

I love that you had the rain to add to it. I forgot about the vivid+ setting. I used to use that but for when I shoot drag racing I leave it on normal. I also shoot f11 to f15. I will switch between the 10-24 and 24-70 2.8 Still using a nikon D40 with great results. I will be back in WDW for more pics in a couple of weeks. Plan on shooting the hat in HS before it goes away.

I think I might miss the hat before we go back again, as this year's trip is hanging in the balance right now :worried:

I'm really bad with that vivid setting and have to make a conscious point of remembering to change it when I am doing portrait!

Yes, the same rain that had me in tears an hour early turned into my rainbow after the storm with that photo. There's a story behind that one that has made it one of my favorites; more so than the actual results in themselves. I still refer to it as my "Rainbow smile after the storm" photo :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter