• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pictures at Wilderness Lodge

Nechville

DIS Veteran
So after setting up a mini portrait session over six months ago at the Poly, I got a message today it's been changed to WL. I have to call them back and find out what changed today since I called two days ago to confirm and everything was ok then. But I have never even been to WL. Can anyone help me with what colors would look good there? Our Poly outfits are very tropical so I know they won't work. What colors are there this time of year? I've been looking at pictures but can't get a good feel for it. I only have tomorrow to put new outfits together.

It's very rustic. Think earth tones and lush greenery. If you have ever been to Great Wolf Lodge I found the decor to be somewhat similar.

It's very rustic. Think earth tones and lush greenery. If you have ever been to Great Wolf Lodge I found the decor to be somewhat similar.
I think that's why I'm not excited. I feel like my home area is Wilderness Lodge. Pretty, but not what I was wanting. :(

I think I would be pretty darn unhappy about that. WL is a beautiful resort but if you have outfits to match Poly, that stinks. Maybe you could come up with a place that would be closer to what you are looking for, since the wilderness feel isn't what you are going for. GF would be very fancy. What about AK with the African theme/feeling? BC/YC for a beachy feeling?

Is this for a general portrait or for a Christmas card? If it is not "timeless" then you could go for matching christmas pajamas or something casual and cozy like jeans, cream tops, fur-trimmed details, maybe something plaid or red-check, boots, brown leather, etc.

I think I would be pretty darn unhappy about that. WL is a beautiful resort but if you have outfits to match Poly, that stinks. Maybe you could come up with a place that would be closer to what you are looking for, since the wilderness feel isn't what you are going for. GF would be very fancy. What about AK with the African theme/feeling? BC/YC for a beachy feeling?
There is hardly any availability and of course with the ADRs and FPs made months ago, changing two days around is easier said than done.
I think I found something today that might work -- plaid shirt for DH, coordinating sweaters for me and kids with jeans. I texted a picture to my friend and she asked if we were still going to Florida! I'm trying not to get hung up on that. I need to match Wilderness Lodge, not Florida. Pictures are at 9 am so might still be a little cool.

Is this for a general portrait or for a Christmas card? If it is not "timeless" then you could go for matching christmas pajamas or something casual and cozy like jeans, cream tops, fur-trimmed details, maybe something plaid or red-check, boots, brown leather, etc.
I use these as our yearly family pictures and nice pictures of the kids. I like the idea of jammies if just for a card but not for my wall all year!

I think sweaters and plaid would be super cute. It's a gorgeous property. I can totally understand being upset about the change but it really will be a nice place for pictures!

Thank you everyone. Now that I've found clothes that will work, I am embracing WL as an unusual opportunity since it's not a normal location for the mini-session. Hopefully we can do the Poly next time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter