• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pictures and review of our stay at the Paradise Pier Hotel.

disney-super-mom

DIS Veteran
The last four days of our DL vacation we stayed at the Paradise Pier in a themepark view room.

ROOM - We were in room 1244. It was large, cheerful, and comfortable for our family of 4. The bathroom was also nice and large. Everything was in great shape with the exception of a few seams of wallpaper which were coming up. Our view, all I can say is SPECTACULAR!!!

POOL - A nice cheerful area with a great slide for the younger ones. Yes, the slide here is the longest of all the slides of the three Disney owned hotels, but it's also very gentle (not too fast) and empties into a shallow catch trough instead of a pool, so even young non-swimmers can use it. However, the pool here is the least themed of the three Disney owned hotels. It's still a lot of fun though.

CUSTOMER SERVICE - Everyone we encountered was extremely friendly and helpful and always greeted us with a friendly smile.

WISH LIST - Microwaves, and lower their rates a bit. Afterall, the rates are getting somewhat OUT OF SIGHT these days (along with everything else it seems). Inflation along with the falling value of a dollar really sucks!:headache: :scared:

Hallway
DSCI0124.jpg

Close up of hallway carpet.
DSCI0123.jpg

Room number on surfboard (cute, fits in with the theme of the resort)
DSCI0125.jpg

Room looking from the door.
DSCI0059.jpg

Room looking towards the door.
DSCI0057.jpg

Fold down sofa and TV/mini fridge entertainment center.
DSCI0058.jpg

More pictures to share.

Desk area.
DSCI0066.jpg

Bathroom sink.
DSCI0060.jpg

Shower.
DSCI0061.jpg

Close up of decorative tile band in shower.
DSCI0062.jpg

Close up of carpet in room.
DSCI0065.jpg

Nice pics of PP. How did your dective work go...did you hear any new info on GC?

We stayed at DLH on standard view points and were given a pool view in the Dreams tower :thumbsup2 (2 queen beds and a daybed).

Pictures of our great view.

Looking right we had a view of CA.
DSCI0046.jpg

Looking left we had a view of the GCH and DL.
DSCI0055.jpg

View at night.
DSCI0079.jpg

View looking straight down at the construction of the new addition to the GCH. WOW, what a project! Too bad it won't contain more DVC units.;)
DSCI0054.jpg

DSCI0053.jpg

Thanks for the pic's we are staying there for the first time in a month and I am so nervous about how we will like PP. We have stayed at DLH which we love and HOJO's which was good but we missed DLH when we were at HOJO......
Any tips about staying at PP?

Nice pics of PP. How did your dective work go...did you hear any new info on GC?

We stayed at DLH on standard view points and were given a pool view in the Dreams tower :thumbsup2 (2 queen beds and a daybed).

Didn't hear any new info, but our room couldn't have had a better view of the construction! It was great for taking pictures!:thumbsup2

That's great to hear about the pool view you received! What floor were you on? When we stayed there we also had a view of the Neverland pool (from the Marina tower, not sure what it's called now). It was a very nice surprise.:)

What great pics and trip report! Dh is staying at PP from the 11th to the 14th. I have never been in there.. It looks like a fantastic place! :goodvibes

Thanks for the pix!

Looks like your room was in the same "place" as ours, only 1 floor higher, b/c the views are the same. They've done quite a bit of work on the construction site in just over a month! I figured they announced DVC at the time we were there b/c they couldn't hide that site any longer!

Thanks for the pic's we are staying there for the first time in a month and I am so nervous about how we will like PP. We have stayed at DLH which we love and HOJO's which was good but we missed DLH when we were at HOJO......
Any tips about staying at PP?

I wouldn't be nervous. You should have a great time there. It doesn't have the pretty waterfalls and the elaborate landscaping and themed pool, but it's still a fun place to stay.

Tips:

1. If going to DL, walk out the back door of the hotel and towards DTD to the monorail station. It's only about a 5 minute walk. Take the monorail back too, when heading back to the hotel at the end of a long day. (If you're doing EE to ride NEMO, walk through the GCH to the front gates of DL. The walkers typically beat the monorail riders to the NEMO line.)

2. If going to CA, walk through the GCH and use the private entrance. Again, it's about a 5 minute walk.

3. Order the mushroom soup there. It is soooooo good, it's addictive! YUMMY!!!

4. The pool slide is open from 11:00am - 7:00pm, so keep that in mind when planning your days.

Hope you have a blast!:cool1:

Thanks for the great pics of the construction. I knew they are adding on to the hotel but I couldn't picture in my mind where they could fit it. Also an fyi the addition will contain 50 DVC units along with regular hotel rooms. Marilyn:thumbsup2

Also an fyi the addition will contain 50 DVC units along with regular hotel rooms. Marilyn:thumbsup2

Thanks Marilyn.:thumbsup2 Yes, I know that it will have 50 2-bedroom DVC units. That's why I said "too bad it won't contain more DVC units", because I want the DVC portion of the addition to be bigger! More points for us non-members to get a whack at purchasing.:rotfl:

Here's a couple more pictures to share with you.

The first night we stayed there, we returned from the parks to find a surprise from Mickey waiting for us. There was a note from Mickey welcoming us to the Paradise Pier Hotel and the DLR and hoping we have a magical time during our stay. With the note was 4 BIG muffins with frosting/sprinkles and 2 bottles of water. We all thought that was very cool, and the kids gobbled up the muffins! DH pretended to call Mickey on the phone to thank him for the goodies - LOL!
DSCI0067.jpg

Also on Halloween day, we returned to our room from spending the afternoon at DL to get the kids in their costumes and ready for MHT. The mousekeeper left a couple of rubber duckies in the bathroom for the kids, and even the rubber duckies were decked out in their Halloween costumes. The one on the left is a mummy, and the one on the right is a ghost. TOO CUTE!
DSCI0127.jpg

You know it is all those little moments that make the trip magical IMO. What wonderful surprises!

Gol, what did you do to deserve those?

All we got (and we tipped every day!) were a handful of chocolate coins, when we had no toiletries at all, too few towels for the three of us, a leftover smoke smell, and a wet face towel in the bathroom hamper, when we checked in. :scared:

Wow you made out great with a note and muffins!

We were on the 5th floor of the Dreams (Sierra) tower. The mousekeeper left us a ghost in our bathroom on Halloween. We came home with a years supply of candy from MHT. Earlier in the day we were given YOAMD lanyard/pins in DTD. Picked up APs so now we'll have to go back sometime before Halloween next year. Oh darn!

Here's a couple more pictures to share with you.

The first night we stayed there, we returned from the parks to find a surprise from Mickey waiting for us. There was a note from Mickey welcoming us to the Paradise Pier Hotel and the DLR and hoping we have a magical time during our stay. With the note was 4 BIG muffins with frosting/sprinkles and 2 bottles of water. We all thought that was very cool, and the kids gobbled up the muffins! DH pretended to call Mickey on the phone to thank him for the goodies - LOL!
DSCI0067.jpg

Also on Halloween day, we returned to our room from spending the afternoon at DL to get the kids in their costumes and ready for MHT. The mousekeeper left a couple of rubber duckies in the bathroom for the kids, and even the rubber duckies were decked out in their Halloween costumes. The one on the left is a mummy, and the one on the right is a ghost. TOO CUTE!
DSCI0127.jpg

Ahh! The magic of Disney! And how clever of that hubby to call Mickey! I can hear Mickey now "Ahh Swell!"

Room 1244..1244..gotta remember that..lol..we're going in August for my daughter's b-day..turning 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter