Picture taking ideas????

abby

Abby's Mom
I always take the camera and last year for a few days the video camera, but when we get home I am always disappointed I didn't take more and better pictures. I always get the kid with characters, but can't figure out how to get good pic's of the rest of our trip.

So, what are your picture taking tips?????

One of my favorite pics from our trip last year is of my kids and I sitting together on the "firetruck" in Toon Town. The colors are great, and the setting is perfect for more of a close up. We found that with all the character pictures, we kept forgetting to get shots that were a little bit more close up!

I also have a favorite shot of my 6 year old dd on the teacups .... sandwiched between her Daddy and her Grandpa - both of whom have their arms straight up in the air to entertain her! If only I could figure out how to post pics, LOL!

How old are your kids Abby? For Morgan, there's always some silly thing or word we can say to get her giggling and smiling - of course the word changes all the time. Right now for us, it's "licky" - because dogs lick. Makes her crack up every time and look at me when I say it.

Well, we're just back home and I'm going through the 2,300 pictures I took. Yes, 2,300 and yes, my kids complained. But, I got some fabulous shots of basically everything from the family on rides, walking around, etc. Just stepping back or away from your kid(s) as you stroll along will allow you to get some good candid moments of them as they enjoy the sights, eating something, or running around. I also take pictures of the nice flowers/foliage in the park since you don't get to see those everywhere in the country. This year, I set up a tripod and snapped a lot of shots of the fireworks then afterwards, just walked around for a few hours taking night shots of the different waterscapes and interesting lighting that is basically everywhere. You just have to look and there'll be some great opportunities if you like to do that sort of thing. Some neat effects await you at night.

Wow! Now that's a lot of pictures! Great job!

Don't forget the photopass photogs around there! We got some great pics and added some neat graphics to them upon returning home on the last trip.

I second the photo pass idea.

This will allow YOU to be in a lot more pictures. Yes, CM's will take your picture for you, but I am a freak and hate anyone touching my camera.

well, it really depends on WHAT your doing wrong... is it blurry? Is it too dark? Too bright???

I always feel like I didn't take enough pic's and they don't represent the whole trip.

hahahaha... for me, i take a lot of random pictures... aka either low quality pictures or lots and lots of memory...

i always take like 200-300 pictures per day and delete the crappy ones on my computer later...

My problem is that I don't take enough of the scenery. I love pics of my family and the smiles. If I can get something into the background that's fantastic too, but I'd rather have them in a pic than just scenery.

My problem is that I don't take enough of the scenery. I love pics of my family and the smiles. If I can get something into the background that's fantastic too, but I'd rather have them in a pic than just scenery.

just always have your camera around your neck or in your hands so you wont stop taking pictures :)

Take more than you think you will like to have, my motto is never too many - ha! Also, both parks have "Photo Op" signs in various places, I look for those. And anywhere you see a Cast Member photographer, you know will be a good shot. One of my favs is DD & I in a teacup and another of us in a Dumbo car. I agree that the foilage, flowers and little touches also make for beautiful pictures. Have a great trip.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter