• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

picture packages

della0813

Earning My Ears
do they take enough pictures of you and your party on the ship to use up 30 credits in the photo package

It depends on you and how many character photos you get, etc. They also do portraits with different backgrounds each night, dinner pictures, and Castaway Cay pictures. It takes 2 credits to get an 8x10 and most pictures came only in 8x10. I took the opportunity to get family portraits and they turned out great! I bought the smallest package plus 1 extra 8x10. I didn't see it as a cruise expense, because I have been wanting family portraits for a while now.

We didn't do many character stops and in the end only bought two from formal night. I would have preferred more candids from roaming photographers on the ship, up on deck, outside the ship on port days, etc. I really didn't care for a large number of formal ones.

We didn't do any character greetings and we didn't get very many photos in our folio. About 5 or 6 total. I think if you want to buy a package, and do character greetings, portrait sessions, etc., though, you'll get lots. We didn't go out of our way to seek out photographers, but did stop when one was available.

All of the photos they did take of us were printed 8x10, which for me was too large for the content of the photo... so we didn't buy any. We asked about having them printed smaller, but that's not an option. Kind of a bummer since I would have bought several at a smaller size... the 8x10s were just too huge!

I think some of our photos never made it to our photo folio (we didn't bother scanning the walls to try and find them... had too many other fun plans and plenty of photos on my own camera!).

We didn't do ANY character pictures, with the exception of the character breakfast, and THEY did not take pictures during that time.

However, when we went to Castaway Cay, we rented a cabana, and were down on the private beach fairly early (delay landing on the island) even though it was about 10:30, or so. The photographer came down there, and said he needed "lots of

We were 2 families of 4, and he ended up taking about 30 - 40 photos, and we ended up buying about 12-14 of them. Luckily, they were 5x7, so they were only 1 point.

We ended up buy the $199 or $299 package (can't remember), and ended up not buying some of the pictures becuase we didn't have enough "credits". We felt that the pictures we did have were more than enough.

Good luck.

All of the photos they did take of us were printed 8x10, which for me was too large for the content of the photo... so we didn't buy any. We asked about having them printed smaller, but that's not an option. Kind of a bummer since I would have bought several at a smaller size... the 8x10s were just too huge!

I agree the 8x10s were way too big to buy 10 different shots. We ended up getting 5x7 but you have to get two of the same, and pay for the full sheet which was $20. So we got two poses, two 5x7 of each, paid $40.

I would have loved the option of getting 4x6 or one copy of 5x7 at least. I would have bought more.

I agree the 8x10s were way too big to buy 10 different shots. We ended up getting 5x7 but you have to get two of the same, and pay for the full sheet which was $20. So we got two poses, two 5x7 of each, paid $40.

I would have loved the option of getting 4x6 or one copy of 5x7 at least. I would have bought more.

They didn't give us the option of buying 5x7 at all -- we actually wanted two 5x7 copies of the same photo (instead of one 8x10) but they said no, you have to take what's been printed -- no size changes. Now the cast member might have told us incorrectly, but we were told "it's 8x10 or nothing!" This wasn't on the last day, so I don't think it was a time-related thing. I didn't get it ... they could have had our money, but instead, they told us to buy the 8x10 or forget it. So, we bought nothing!

No great loss or problem, though, we have plenty of great photos on our own cameras. :sunny:

Can you do like at WDW and have the photo people take the pictures with your own camera?

We asked and the photo staff told us they were not allowed to take pictures with our camera, but that any other CM would be happy to take a photo for us.

They didn't give us the option of buying 5x7 at all -- we actually wanted two 5x7 copies of the same photo (instead of one 8x10) but they said no, you have to take what's been printed -- no size changes.

I recommend checking/ordering your photos at the kiosks rather than dealing with the ones that have been printed. It saves a ton of time - rather than hunting down your photos every day, they will all be shown to you on screen at the kiosk. For many pictures, you will have the option to choose at the kiosk if you prefer an 8x10 or 2 5x7s. (For us, not all pictures had a 5x7 option but the majority did).

The kiosks will only show pictures that you handed them your room card for, but that includes almost everything - embarkation, formal photos, character photos, restaurant photos...

I just wanted to mention that last week on the Wonder, the 30 credit package was not available. They were offering the 20 credit package for $149 and a 50 credit package for $299 I believe.

I agree the kiosk is a good idea! :goodvibes We tried the kiosk and found 8x10 only on all but one of our photos, which prompted us to go to a cast member and ask about smaller sizes. The photos on the kiosk were the same as the ones in our folio. This is on the Dream... I don't know if it's different on the other boats, I have heard that Shutters on the Dream organizes photos differently but I have no idea if that's true!

Anyway, we weren't big into photo taking this cruise. Perhaps next time we will do more of it and end up with some better options! :sunny:

One thing to keep in mind is that you can get the copy right release online and take your 8x10 to a photo store (we use Sam's Club), scan it in and then have it printed whatever size you want - from wallets to posters! This is what we do and it works great.

Another thing - on the Disney Dream last month they did not have the smallest package they sell online (89.99 I think) so if you want a small package buy it online before you leave. I ended up buying the bigger package with credits left over, but it was ok since we are sailing again in May and I can use them on that cruise.

Krisann

I think certain packages are only available online, but you can buy a couple packages such as 20 credits for $149 right on board in Shutters.

I've never been on a Disney cruise, however on our RCL cruise, on the last night of the cruise, all pre-printed pictures were half off. Does Disney have a discount at the end of the cruise too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter