Picture package: I'm so confused!

jpeka65844

DIS Veteran
So if I prepay a Shutters package, that package is for my stateroom only. Correct? Any pics with anyone in my stateroom are included in my package?

Disney uses face recognition software to place pics in the correct stateroom, right? So, if my son and MIL (who is in a different stateroom) get a picture taken together, it would be included in our package? What about a group shot with the other staterooms in our travel party? Those would be included under OUR package, right (as long as someone from our stateroom is in the picture).

Someone said that they swipe cards when they take your picture? On our last cruise, DH and DD were swimming in the water and got their pic taken. No card swiping.

This has me very confused......

Everything you said is correct. As long as 1 person from your room is in a photo, it will be in your package.

Sometimes they swipe keys (mostly at character meets & posed photos in the atrium) but other times, when it would not be convenient, they do not and thus use the facial recognition. So, they actually do both.

So if I prepay a Shutters package, that package is for my stateroom only. Correct? Any pics with anyone in my stateroom are included in my package?

Disney uses face recognition software to place pics in the correct stateroom, right? So, if my son and MIL (who is in a different stateroom) get a picture taken together, it would be included in our package? What about a group shot with the other staterooms in our travel party? Those would be included under OUR package, right (as long as someone from our stateroom is in the picture).

Someone said that they swipe cards when they take your picture? On our last cruise, DH and DD were swimming in the water and got their pic taken. No card swiping.

Most of the time you'll show your KTTW card. Sometimes not, and the facial recognition is used to place your photos in the correct folder.

Also, if your son (in a different room) is a minor, he is included in your package. You should stop by Shutters to make sure this information is included in your package. It's not always automatic that they know that your son will be included in the package, so it's best to confirm it.

What about minors in our party in other staterooms? Our nephew and niece in another stateroom, for example. They can be included in our package? We'd just have to confirm onboard with Shutters? That's cool!

Most of the time you'll show your KTTW card. Sometimes not, and the facial recognition is used to place your photos in the correct folder.

Also, if your son (in a different room) is a minor, he is included in your package. You should stop by Shutters to make sure this information is included in your package. It's not always automatic that they know that your son will be included in the package, so it's best to confirm it.

I can add minors from other staterooms? Niece and nephew next door, for example? That's cool! I just confirm that at Shutters?

What about minors in our party in other staterooms? Our nephew and niece in another stateroom, for example. They can be included in our package? We'd just have to confirm onboard with Shutters? That's cool!
No, only those who are part of your nuclear family (mom, dad, kids) are included. No extended family. But, as long as one of the nuclear family in the the photo, it will be included on the CD.

I can add minors from other staterooms? Niece and nephew next door, for example? That's cool! I just confirm that at Shutters?

I don't believe minor niece's and nephews count. It is only minor dependents of the room with the shutters prepaid package. So if your son or daughter are in another room and are under 18 you can add them.

We had 2 cabins, one cabin was booked with me, my daughter, and my aunt. The other cabin was my husband, my son, and my mom. I bought the package under my cabin thinking that we would get all the photos for my nuclear family (me, husband, son, daughter), PLUS my aunt since she was in my cabin. Turns out nope, aunt is not covered. I was told nuclear family only since the cabins were linked. I don't know if the CM was wrong, but I think he was the manager of Shutters. We probably would have been better off not linking the cabins since my aunt took pictures by herself or just with my mom, but my son and husband never took pictures alone.

I ended up deciding that we didn't get enough good pictures that weren't similar to pictures on my phone to make it worthwhile and I cancelled the package. 10 days off the ship...wondering when I'll get my refund. Hope I won't have to track it down.

We had 2 cabins, one cabin was booked with me, my daughter, and my aunt. The other cabin was my husband, my son, and my mom. I bought the package under my cabin thinking that we would get all the photos for my nuclear family (me, husband, son, daughter), PLUS my aunt since she was in my cabin. Turns out nope, aunt is not covered. I was told nuclear family only since the cabins were linked. I don't know if the CM was wrong, but I think he was the manager of Shutters. We probably would have been better off not linking the cabins since my aunt took pictures by herself or just with my mom, but my son and husband never took pictures alone.

I ended up deciding that we didn't get enough good pictures that weren't similar to pictures on my phone to make it worthwhile and I cancelled the package. 10 days off the ship...wondering when I'll get my refund. Hope I won't have to track it down.

How did you cancel after the fact? By that point you could have ripped the entire cd of images.

How did you cancel after the fact? By that point you could have ripped the entire cd of images.

I cancelled on the last night of the cruise after looking through our pictures. The manager wrote cancelled on a list he had and told me it would be processed after the cruise.

I believe, as long as you cancel it by the last full day onboard, it's credited back to your onboard account. You won't see a refund as such.

Hmm...based on my credit card charges, it didn't get credited to my onboard account, at least not yet.

Hmm...based on my credit card charges, it didn't get credited to my onboard account, at least not yet.
We prepaid and then when we got home, we saw a charge from shutters for the full amount so we were charged twice for the cd. I emailed with our prepaid receipt attached and they said they would refund us that week. It took about 6 weeks to go back to the card!

Do you have your closing statement from onboard? Maybe the credit cleared before your credit card was charged for the final bill.

Yes, I think I have the closing statement. The time on it is the early morning of disembarkation day. The Shutters credit is not on it and the charges match what was charged to my credit card. I was told that the list would be sent to the company after the cruise and then my refund would be processed.

We had to use the 'Photo Finder' to locate several photos that didn't make it into our account. I wasn't aware they had facial recognition software with the photos we had to keep adding when we finally found them. You can search on day, location and category of activity to narrow down your search. I would recommend using the kiosk in Shutters several times throughout your cruise, even if it's only to locate photos and 'favorite' the ones you like for a few minutes. The last night of the cruise it gets harder and harder to get access to a kiosk and Shutters gets really crowded. It was kinda hard just to walk through the area. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter