• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Picture of the Day Thread - April 16, 2008 - CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0430_fhdr.jpg

This is so crisp! I don't suppose you got one of Madame Leota in the seance room? Hope to see more of your photos here.

I smiled when I saw your user ID because I thought of how many times your rose-with-bokeh-castle photo has been copied here. I was one of your admiring imitators. :)

075alo.jpg

I'd love to see the original again, if you'd care to repost. :)

Sharla
A Scrapbooker's Guide to Walt Disney World

You two cannot post those two photos w/o a little explaining! :rotfl:

How are you getting such GREAT pictures in that ride? I tried to pull the EXIF data on the picture, but it's coming up as unavailable. Can you post it (i.e., ISO, mm, etc.)?

Thanks- Taken with Fuji S5 - Sigma 30/1.4 - ISO 1600 - f2.5 - 1/40th Sec

Gdad - Cool shot of the ice cream parlor! Every trip we make our last night is always in MK, and we always grab some ice cream from there as the park closes down, and we sit down by the yellow umbrellas, eat our ice cream and wait for the final kiss goodnight. And that was a nice shot of OZ too!

Thanks! That is usually our last stop on the way out as well- the Ice Cream Shop or the Bakery.

I did not take the picture, but I will be looking this place up next June when we are there and stopping by to take my own.
rcfd.jpg

Reedy Creek Fire Department

I did not take the picture, but I will be looking this place up next June when we are there and stopping by to take my own.
rcfd.jpg

Reedy Creek Fire Department

hey i know that place! my son has very bad asthma and has had attacks while we were there so that's were we ended up. and can i just say that they were the nicest guys ever!!! really!!! it was the middle of the night and they could not have been better to us. so much so that when we got home and sent them a basket of goodies for all their kindness. it was almost across from the caribbean beach resort. thank goodness for them!!! it was bill and ken. i even took my sons pic with them. i'll never forget it.

That is an awfully BIG word to use on these SIMPLE boards...what is that, and is it only on the 20D? I'm sure my 100D doesn't have it....
An intervalometer basically takes photos at a given interval. What I do is go into the menu and tell it to take x number of photos (up to 99) every x minutes starting at such-and-such a time. It goes to sleep then wakes up when it needs to take each photo.

I'm not sure how many other cameras have this, but I think in terms of DSLRs, it's mainly fairly high-end ones - Nikon's D200 and higher, and I think Canon's Mk3 has one. Some PnSs have them for time lapse stuff, too.

Most DSLRs can do it via remote control software - I would have left behind our K100D one evening to take Illuminations photos via the laptop but I didn't bring the USB cord (took it out just before the trip which removing any non-essential weight - bad move in hindsight!)

Here's one for today. We've had a pretty awful week in our family so I'm can relate to this sign.

2008WDW-429.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter