Picture of the Day - Chatter Thread

The answer to this last question will determine whether you are drunk or not: Was Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog?"

I hope I never get pulled over in Texas. You guys dont give a guy a chance.

You would be suprised at how many sober people have to stop and think about that question. If you could only see the dash cam... :rotfl2:

There is at lease one there every year.
3566699388_687f361ca8_b.jpg

How does Disney handle the alligators? I mean, do they trap them or just them continue to roam?

I watched that gator swim from right behind the Meddows across the lake twards the campfire tonight, I woulda never believed it but he was very visible. He looked about 3 to 4 feet long until once he hunkered up and looked about 6 plus feet. I didn't have the camera with me so I will have to go look tomorrow with camera in hand.

I watched that gator swim from right behind the Meddows across the lake twards the campfire tonight, I woulda never believed it but he was very visible. He looked about 3 to 4 feet long until once he hunkered up and looked about 6 plus feet. I didn't have the camera with me so I will have to go look tomorrow with camera in hand.

You see, thats whats decieving about those Fort gators,,,they are real sneeky bout hunkering up to a cute, cuddle, adorable 3 feet or so, and then when ya start start in with the "Oh how cute!" they leap out at you in their full monsterous size, chomp'n yer marshmallow !!

Tony- Another great photo!

I am looking at this, and wondering, is this an old photo?

Isn't that the 800 loop bus stop there in the distance?

If so, the area to the right in this photo is where the 600 loop extension is now.

I thought the sites pretty much back up to the sidewalk, but I don't see any sites in the photo.

So, when was this shot taken?

And, do I have the location correct?

TCD

Yes you are correct about the location. I took this as I walked from our site in 601 down to the Settlement. It was taken on Sunday morning May 17th.

There isn't a lot of space between the sidewalk and the sites at this point. I think the angle of the shot gives the illusion of more. Still there are some nice trees, etc. along the way.

Thanks-your photo fooled me. I didn't realize some of the first inside sites have a bit more space between the pads and the sidewalk than the ones further along (like my favorite site #617).

TCD

I wish I had seen that, That is my TT and truck directly behind them on the far side, we were getting ready to leave, but then again we aren't early risers.

I wish I had seen that, That is my TT and truck directly behind them on the far side, we were getting ready to leave, but then again we aren't early risers.

Hello Tnbob .......... I really enjoyed meeting you and talking with you while enjoying the pool at FW last week! I know you had shared with me that you had a tire blow out on your trip to FW from Tennessee. We also had a problem with our tires! On our return trip back to North Carolina we had 'two' tires blow out on us. This was the first time we had ever had a problem with tires! The extremely 'HOT' Interstate Road temperatures and the 'Very' bad/bumpy roads in South Carolina did not help! I hope your return trip back home was uneventful (No tire problems) and was a safe trip for you and your family!

Doug / datgrt@fw

Doug, it was great to meet you and yours last week also. I am sorry you had trouble after telling me you never had problems with tires before, I feel kinda responsible ya know like let sleeping dogs..... I spent the day today on the phone with the manufacturer and sent pictures and got the ole "Looks like you ran over something" when it split across the seam of the belt. They are sending Fed Ex for it and I am sure I will have to argue with them over a one yr old tire. We had no problem coming home but the DW wasn't feeling well along with the DGD, thats why she didn't want to go down the slide she didn't feel good, she usually will do anything and had gone down a few times the day before. Maybe we will meet up again in the pool.

We were watching him the night before, I wanted to get a pic the next evening but I got tied up at DTD and it was dark before I got back, I guess I missed all the excitement.

Does anyone know if there may be another one running around. we are arriving sat and i would like to see a small one...lol:lmao:

Does anyone know if there may be another one running around. we are arriving sat and i would like to see a small one...lol:lmao:
Last December and again last April we saw a small one, about 3' - 4', in the canal beside the dog walk area between the 700 and 800 loops. Don't know if he's still there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter