** Picture of the Day 3 **

20150427_101856.jpg

Its about to happen, the 60th anniversary of opening day at Disneyland. What do you think Walt would say if he where alive to see it now?

I think he would be mostly very proud. First off he was a business man. Disneyland and the Disney corporation is hugely profitable. Disneyland isn't perfect. Most of of us think things could be better, from Tomorrowland and its seeming loss of vision and even its loss of some of its past. To sometimes overwhelming crowds, not all is perfect. Yet I think Walt would be overall happy with his park. I think he'd stop and reflect on the lamp that burns in his memory above the fire station. I think he'd be proud to see the Mark Twain still sailing and that Main Street has stood the test of time. I think he'd be amazed that the once parking lot is now a flagship park in itself, and that the Monorail glides along connecting it all.

I think he would be proud of the "Partners" statue, even though he had once said he didn't want anything like that. I think he'd be very saddened by all of the great people that are now gone including Blaine Gibson. But, I think he would be so happy to see cast members helping out a child that has lost his balloon, or an older couple with a picture in front of the castle.

Watching many of the films (videos) of the building and opening day, including the complete broadcast of opening day, and the preview of the soon to air American Experience - Walt Disney, all of which are on the web. Watching it reminds you that Disneyland is truly a unique place, there is nothing else like it.

Happy Birthday.

"Partners before the Rope Drop" - June 2015

19755708545_cbd74a55fa_b.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter