• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

** Picture of the Day 3 **

The Castle – June 22, 2015

So, it really is about the castle isn’t it? I mean at the rope drop that is what everyone is looking at. When you are at the Main St. RR Station and look into the park and that smile comes to your face, its the castle in the distance that you see. Everyone that comes to the park takes a picture of it, or a selfie, from the drawbridge or compass rose. The most iconic pictures of the entire park have been taken there. The black and white picture of Walt walking through alone, the pictures of opening day with children running over the drawbridge, or what is considered to be the last picture of Walt in the park – Micky and him with the castle in the background.

19093042125_d8a619a0d1_b.jpg

The Mark Twain navigating the Rivers of America - June 22, 2015.

Amazing the beauty and full immersion you enjoy once you enter the park. Sometimes you are only a few dozen feet from the "outside" world, but you'd never know it. I know its what Walt wanted, for you to forget about the outside world and its troubles. Even in today's world, more crowded than ever, I think its a success. Just remember to leave the world behind when you walk under the railroad and read the plaques - "Here you leave today..."

18935287359_6e93ef1d0f_b.jpg

It's a an AMAZING capture Janet. I think its one of your absolute best! So beautiful and breathtaking!

Thanks Mike. I'm not a big bird person, but it turned out to be one of my favorites as well. I had a ball on that airboat ride with my camera in hand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter