• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

** Picture of the Day 2 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Todd, I must know your secret to getting images at Disney World with no one in the capture?:thumbsup2

Are you there late just as the park is closing or are you patient or just that lucky :confused3

I perused through your flickr photos and there are a lot of awesome shots.

That's beautiful, Todd

Scott, Harry, Todd....fantastic shots guys.

Todd...my wife saw your picture and started packing for Disney!! :thumbsup2

Thanks!

Todd, I must know your secret to getting images at Disney World with no one in the capture?:thumbsup2

Are you there late just as the park is closing or are you patient or just that lucky :confused3

I perused through your flickr photos and there are a lot of awesome shots.

Thanks very much! As to your questions about images with no one in them... yes to all of the above. Most of the time for the night shots, I am in the parks after the official close (you still have about an hour to and hour and 1/2 and sometimes longer to make your way to the exits, just depending on how fast the security guards sweep the lands). If I want to shoot when there are still folks walking around, I will try to use longer exposures to "ghost" people out of the exposure. That, exposure bracketing or just multiple shots, and then layer masking in Photoshop. Any combination of the above is useful to remove people or ghosts from the final shot.

Morning-Glory-06-19-03acr-X2.jpg

This was taken with my cell phone, so it's not the greatest, but thought it was a cool picture...I'll be getting my Canon T3i in the next few months, so I hope to be sharing more!

e9c1066f.jpg

Disney's Human Element - How to Photobomb by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

This woman obviously thought I was taking her picture. Sure, that's what I do... take pictures of strangers. But she doesn't know that. Or does she?!?!?! Hmmm.....

Scott, aren't you a random stranger portrait photographer? Thats kinda like setting up a tripod for a shot only to have 50 million people walk in front of your camera 1 by 1. I wish I could say that's never happened to me, especially by the Partner's Statue.

Thanks!
Thanks very much! As to your questions about images with no one in them... yes to all of the above. Most of the time for the night shots, I am in the parks after the official close (you still have about an hour to and hour and 1/2 and sometimes longer to make your way to the exits, just depending on how fast the security guards sweep the lands). If I want to shoot when there are still folks walking around, I will try to use longer exposures to "ghost" people out of the exposure. That, exposure bracketing or just multiple shots, and then layer masking in Photoshop. Any combination of the above is useful to remove people or ghosts from the final shot.

I consider myself amateur, I knew of long exposures, but didn't think about that during the day. I'm guessing the F-Stop is really high to allow this to be possible.

Sorry, I know this isn't the place to discuss. But I gotta know ;)

We were at the World of Coca Cola museum in Atlanta, in the room where you try flavors of Coke products all over the world (similar to Club Cool in Epcot except 6x as large). Well, I caught Max playing it safe with his favorite American Coke product - Diet Coke. Love his guilty smile!

DSC_7317 by vshingl, on Flickr

Wow! That is the shot of a lifetime! Looks just like the Safari at the AK :rotfl2: only about 1,000 times bigger!

Actually, after I went on Safari ride at AK, I was pretty amazed on how authentic it was when I compared it to Tanzania. Disney amazes me every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter