• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Picture ID

Love2Camp

Earning My Ears
HELP!!!!!

My pocket book got stolen and I don't know if I will have my new driver's license in time for the cruise!!!! Has this happened to anyone else? Are there other forms of picture ID that I can use? :confused3 :confused3

Thanks,
Maryann

In Canada we have photo health cards for our doctor's visits. Also we can apply for an age of majority card through our liquor stores but they probably take as long. do you have time for a passport? We can apply for one and if it is an emergency they will do same day service for an extra fee.

Good Luck!

Love2Camp said:
HELP!!!!!

My pocket book got stolen and I don't know if I will have my new driver's license in time for the cruise!!!! Has this happened to anyone else? Are there other forms of picture ID that I can use? :confused3 :confused3

Thanks,
Maryann

If you have a passport that will work fine, or what I did before getting my passport renewed was, I went to our county courthouse and had a government photo ID card made. The whole process took only a few days, and my cost was $20.00 including the photo. Best of luck to you!!!

Your passport is all you need, assuming you have one. If you can get a another government id with photo, that might work. But here in California you can't have both an ID card and a Drivers License, just one or the other.

Why don't you just go to DMV and get a new driver's liscense? In Oregon you can get a replacement for lost DL immediately.

Wow, that would be quick. Here it takes 3 to 4 weeks to get it back with the photo....for either a DL or State ID card.

Here they take your picture, print it up and hand it to you. If you time it right the wait to get up to the window (in the outlying areas NOT Portland) is about 20 minutes.

Up here in Washington (State)...we use to be able to get a DL immediatly after having a new photo taken...but now (a couple years ago they changed the whole process)...we get a temp paper DL and the new one is mailed out in a week or so.

I think it depends on which state you are in. When my DL was stolen, I had to wait 6 weeks for a permanent one. I was given a piece of paper in the meantime. Luckily, I was not going on a cruise.

Ask for just a regular state id. My BIL has Down's Syndrome and this is his only picture id and he has used it to board planes and and to take a cruise.

Good Luck and let us know!!!

I renewed my license last year and even though it was temporary they still had my photo on it. It was printed off of a laser printer and looked very similar to the real one they sent in the mail. I'm sure if you goto the DMV they could help you! Good luck!!!!!!!!! :sunny:

Travel Tip:
It is a good idea to travel, even domestically, with extra forms of photo ID's not carried in your purse or wallet. We suggest always traveling, again even in the U.S., with your passport and a second state issued photo ID. Most states will issue an optional state ID card for a small fee. The average fee is $15 - $20.

New Jersey still does not require a picture ID which doesn't work well when companies like DCL ask for a DL; they assume there is going to be a picture on your DL. I have given them my Sams Club card and they were fine with that.

For international guests where they take our passports into custody for the length of the cruise they photcopy your passport, certifiy it and drop this back into your stateroom later, this then is your photo I/D for the cruise.

So I presume they could do this for everyone, in an emergency

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter