• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

picture cd from shutters

Meg'n'walt

Mouseketeer
Did any of you get the cd with their pictures from the last cruise and found out at home it didn't install anything ?? Grrr, for 400 $ I would like to see my pics at least !!:scared1::scared1::mad::mad:

That totaly sucks. I hope you contacted shutters. If you paid by credit card you may be able dispute the charge

We purchased the CD on the Wonder on our July11th Double Dip Cruise and when I got home I found the CD to be blank. I called shutters from the phone number on the receipt - gave them all the information needed, and low and behold a CD showed up in the mail about 1 week later with all of our pictures!:yay:

Is the issue that the CD was blank, or were you looking for it to install some sort of photo viewing software? They don't provide any software, but I've always received CDs with the pictures on them. I just access them through the regular file management system on my PC.

The Shutters folks generally go through a manual verification process, either while producing the CD, or when you go pick it up, to ensure that the pictures are there. Perhaps your cruise was a bit hectic or lots of CDs were ordered, to where they missed that step somehow.

We did have a problem where a couple of our pictures didn't make it to the CD (and we'd have problems accessing the kiosk the last few days of the cruise, so we weren't able to verify them before we got off the ship.) The missing pictures were taken when I didn't have a KTTW card, and my daughter was looking down in the pictures (at tinkerbell) so the facial recognition feature didn't pick them up for our account. I contacted the company who runs Shutters (contact info in the FAQ thread) via email, and they got the message to the folks on the ship who located my pictures (the more info you give them the better) and mailed out the missing pictures on a CD very quickly. Hopefully you will have a good result if your CD was really blank.

Is the issue that the CD was blank, or were you looking for it to install some sort of photo viewing software? They don't provide any software, but I've always received CDs with the pictures on them. I just access them through the regular file management system on my PC.

The Shutters folks generally go through a manual verification process, either while producing the CD, or when you go pick it up, to ensure that the pictures are there. Perhaps your cruise was a bit hectic or lots of CDs were ordered, to where they missed that step somehow.

We did have a problem where a couple of our pictures didn't make it to the CD (and we'd have problems accessing the kiosk the last few days of the cruise, so we weren't able to verify them before we got off the ship.) The missing pictures were taken when I didn't have a KTTW card, and my daughter was looking down in the pictures (at tinkerbell) so the facial recognition feature didn't pick them up for our account. I contacted the company who runs Shutters (contact info in the FAQ thread) via email, and they got the message to the folks on the ship who located my pictures (the more info you give them the better) and mailed out the missing pictures on a CD very quickly. Hopefully you will have a good result if your CD was really blank.

I dont think our CD is really blank, because when you open the file we do see a lot of filles with extention .ENC (encripted ?!). There is no way I can open any of those files trough our existing programs.

Guess they changed the program they work with (It is now a firm called "Image desktop", and you need to install the sofware to view the pics). Its just that we receive an error trying to install that software..! They do have a website " www.mycruisephotos.com" but that looks like a site for the cruise lines themselves to update etc..

How do I contact Shutters or is that the firm mentioned on the cd? Is there an e-mail somewere ? We do live in Belgium so that would be the easiest..:surfweb:

I just checked our CD and all of our pictures opened right up. Our problem is that we got pictures taken with the "green screen" background specifically to have the Catherine's Palace background. That was the only background we wanted, since our DD11 is Kathryn. (I thought the whole green screen background thing was really weird) Well, we have a zillion other backgrounds, but no Catherine's Palace ones! They better be able to do something for us!

wow,thats to bad too !!
looks like they had a lot of problems with Shutters on that last baltic !!:sad2::sad2:

Do you know how to contact them ? I'v' been looking it up, but it seems that the firm who did the pictures before doesn't have DCL in their listing anymore on the website ? https://www.image.com/html/profile.html :scared1:

wow,thats to bad too !!
looks like they had a lot of problems with Shutters on that last baltic !!:sad2::sad2:

Do you know how to contact them ? I'v' been looking it up, but it seems that the firm who did the pictures before doesn't have DCL in their listing anymore on the website ? https://www.image.com/html/profile.html :scared1:
I PM'd you! Yes, it does seem like there were a few problems with Shutters! DH told me we also have pictures on our CD of other people! They are people we know, but not us!

The number that I used to contact them is 786-871-5743. I hope this helps - something doesn't right - The disc I just received 1 week ago, the pictures were all in Jpeg format and easily viewed by my computer. Good Luck

I dont think our CD is really blank, because when you open the file we do see a lot of filles with extention .ENC (encripted ?!). There is no way I can open any of those files trough our existing programs.

Guess they changed the program they work with (It is now a firm called "Image desktop", and you need to install the sofware to view the pics). Its just that we receive an error trying to install that software..! They do have a website " www.mycruisephotos.com" but that looks like a site for the cruise lines themselves to update etc..

How do I contact Shutters or is that the firm mentioned on the cd? Is there an e-mail somewere ? We do live in Belgium so that would be the easiest..:surfweb:

Well that's a dealbreaker! I hope you are able to get normal jpg files without too much hassle!

wow,thats to bad too !!

I would still email the image folks. While you are correct that they DCL doesn't appear as a listed partner in the graphic on the Image home page (I don't actually remember if they ever did), all three Disney ships appear in the list of ships for the copyright release form, and for the reprint form (and only the Dream appears in the list to order a DVD from your cruise curiously enough - new service offering coming?)

I don't think they've stopped servicing DCL, since there is no note on their website saying that (like they have for the Holland American line.)

Their website says:

Post-Cruise

If you have questions or requests after your cruise, please contact us at 1.800.772.3470 or customerservice@imageservices.com. Greg N (Nusser?) is the specific contact listed in the FAQ post and when I emailed him after our December cruise, he forwarded my request on to the people onboard the ship who could locate my pictures.

Let us know if you find out the addition of imaging software is a new feature to the CD since I hadn't seen anyone post that yet.

Thank everybody for the help, I've been contacting all the different possibilities but haven't received an answer yet !
ah, well, patience is a vertue, I guess :hourglass

I was on the last Baltic cruise and have the same problem with the photo CD disc. I called customer service at Image (800-772-3470 https://www.image.com/html/post_cruise.html), and they were helpful. They were aware that there was a problem, but did not know the cause and did not have a faulty disk to examine. I explained that the .ini initialization files were missing, and that without them neither the Windows nor Mac client software would install. I gave them my contact information, and offered to upload the files from my disc if that would help them. Their technical support person is supposed to call me back. I will follow up.

So they are aware of the problem, and should be able to fix it.

Thanks for the link to the ships photographer. I had tried to scan some of my photos at Walgreens to make 5 x7's for the grandparents. The Walgreens photo attendant told me that he couldn't print them without a release or he could lose his job. I used the link you provided and got the release instantly. I thought it was interesting that this was the one time at Walgreens when I had an attendant hovering over me to see what I was doing. Usually I have to hunt down someone to help me with my photo order or problems that I have with their computer.

hourray !! I've finaly managed to get everything on my pc !! I received a software update via e-mail and now it works, yippie !!

If you need me to PM you, katzha, let me know !:thumbsup2

So are the photos on the CD not in jpeg form? Can you still print them anywhere you want?

No, they were encripted, but we've had problems putting them in JPEG on our PC. That should work automatically when you start up the disk..but those JPEGs you can print and use on FB etc:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter