Pics of DCL Food

Status
Not open for further replies.
Former digital camera is in process of dying - pictures coming out blurry, apurture not opening all the way all the time, etc. Decided to get a new one before the cruise after realizing how much film and developing would cost with the old 35mm. So, bought a Nikon P90. Reviewed it well, checked it out at BestBuy on at least 2 occasions, played with it compared to the other cameras there.

When we got home DW started laughing while reading the manual -- the camera comes with a FOOD SETTING!!:cool1:

I have read many people on these boards, and I agree with the feeling, that it seems ackward to take pictures of your food before eating. Must not be too bad as it is a popular enough activity to have a camera setting specifically for it. :wizard:

Cruise in 23 days and will be posting some pictures upon our return. After all, gotta play with the new camera setting!!!:rotfl:

Former digital camera is in process of dying - pictures coming out blurry, apurture not opening all the way all the time, etc. Decided to get a new one before the cruise after realizing how much film and developing would cost with the old 35mm. So, bought a Nikon P90. Reviewed it well, checked it out at BestBuy on at least 2 occasions, played with it compared to the other cameras there.

When we got home DW started laughing while reading the manual -- the camera comes with a FOOD SETTING!!:cool1:

I have read many people on these boards, and I agree with the feeling, that it seems ackward to take pictures of your food before eating. Must not be too bad as it is a popular enough activity to have a camera setting specifically for it. :wizard:

Cruise in 23 days and will be posting some pictures upon our return. After all, gotta play with the new camera setting!!!:rotfl:

Oh you big tease.........:goodvibes:hourglass Have fun!

Anybody have a fairly recent picture of the All Hands On Deck?

I saw one from 2005 at the beginning of this thread, and I know it's nothing like that now. I just cant face searching every page.

Thanks!

What a great thread. It is nice to see what you are ordering before you do.

I am definitely taking some food shots on my upcoming cruise and will post them here.

We just booked for February 2010 and would love to start dreaming of our culinary experiences with some new photos from all our great Dis friends...

Ok, I took a number of food photos on our 4 night Wonder cruise. I used my PDA phone camera which doesn't have a flash, so the AP photos especially are dark, but hopefully people still enjoy. We ordered the same dishes often so will of course only include one photo of those dishes! Kicking off my photos, I have:

The birthday celebration package cake ordered to be in our stateroom on arrival:

Dadcruisepics010.jpg

A conk cooler at Castaway Cay:

Disneycruise127.jpg

Breakfast photos from Tritons. I haven't spotted the breakfast menu online so will have to rely on my faulty memory of what these dishes are!

Fruit/muesli/yoghurt dish:
Disneycruise013.jpg

Fruit bowl (not on menu, just ordered a side of fruit):
Disneycruise014.jpg

King Triton's shell:
Disneycruise017.jpg

Eggs benedict with bacon added:
Disneycruise015.jpg

Made to order omelette:
Disneycruise016.jpg

Blended strawberries/yoghurt/muesli:
DisneyCruise2009B029.jpg

Hot chocolate:
DisneyCruise2009B030.jpg

French toast/pineapple tower with bacon added:
DisneyCruise2009B033.jpg

Animator's Palette

Bread basket:
IMAG0110.jpg

Wild mushroom risotto and porcini twist:
IMAG0112.jpg

Creamy butternut squash soup:
IMAG0111.jpg

Um...I have NO idea what this was sorry!
IMAG0109.jpg

Again - looking at the menus online, not sure what this was:
IMAG0113.jpg

Phyllo wrapped salmon fillet:
IMAG0114.jpg

Strawberry sable:
IMAG0115.jpg

Dessert trio:
IMAG0116.jpg

Parrot Cay:

Cocktails with dinner (not sure what they were):

Disneycruise066.jpg

Disneycruise067.jpg

Bread basket:
Disneycruise065.jpg

Cream of asparagus soup with crabmeat:
Disneycruise068.jpg

Jamaican-marinated chicken tenderloins:
Disneycruise069.jpg

Mixed grill:
Disneycruise070.jpg

Poached halibut with clams and mussels:
Disneycruise071.jpg

Ok, now two photos of food that were not actually ours, but were our neighbouring table's. They very kindly (although somewhat confusedly) let me snap shots of their mains (officially placing me one step closer to cruise crazydom):

Caribbean roasted chicken:
Disneycruise072.jpg

Pan seared grouper:
Disneycruise073.jpg

Back to our own food...Lemon meringue pie:
Disneycruise075.jpg

Dessert trio:
Disneycruise076.jpg

Pirate night at Parrot Cay. I can't find the menu online so am just posting these untitled for now, but if someone could please point me toward the menu online I could come back and label them:

Bread and bean dip:

Disneycruise141.jpg

Disneycruise140.jpg

Appetizers:

Disneycruise146.jpg

(not on menu, ordered as they didn't like any of the listed option)
Disneycruise147.jpg

Disneycruise148.jpg

Entrees:

Disneycruise149.jpg

Disneycruise150.jpg

Disneycruise151.jpg

Disneycruise160.jpg

Disneycruise161.jpg

Disneycruise162.jpg

Disneycruise163.jpg

Triton's:

Cosmopolitan L'Orange:
DisneyCruise2009B055.jpg

Bread basket:
DisneyCruise2009B054.jpg

Chilled jumbo shrimp:
DisneyCruise2009B056.jpg

Chef Luis French Onion Soup
DisneyCruise2009B057.jpg

Applewood Smoked Bacon and Wild Mushroom Tart
DisneyCruise2009B058.jpg

Triton's Seared Sea Bass
DisneyCruise2009B059.jpg

Three-Cheese Lobster Macaroni
DisneyCruise2009B060.jpg

Slowly braised lamb shank:
DisneyCruise2009B061.jpg

And then I had to go and spoil my run by forgetting to take photos of dessert. Oh well! Hope everyone enjoys these photos :)

oh my i love food! i dont have any pics to post right now but im going on my first cruise in dec. i have to subscribe to this! thanks everyone for posting!

Parrot Cay:

Cocktails with dinner (not sure what they were):

Disneycruise067.jpg
I can tell you without any doubt in my mind that this is a mojito! I adore the Black Cherry Mojitos from Buffalo Wild Wings and I'm hoping the regular ones on board are good. My first mojito was on a RCCL trip and it was bitter - almost like they left out the simple syrup and maybe were a little too rough on the mint...so it took me a long time to try another (but I'm glad I did!).

I can tell you without any doubt in my mind that this is a mojito! I adore the Black Cherry Mojitos from Buffalo Wild Wings and I'm hoping the regular ones on board are good. My first mojito was on a RCCL trip and it was bitter - almost like they left out the simple syrup and maybe were a little too rough on the mint...so it took me a long time to try another (but I'm glad I did!).

Thanks for identifying this......I thought it looked interesting, but if it's a mojito - then I'll definately be looking for it in Nov.:thumbsup2

Ok, I took a number of food photos on our 4 night Wonder cruise. I used my PDA phone camera which doesn't have a flash, so the AP photos especially are dark, but hopefully people still enjoy. We ordered the same dishes often so will of course only include one photo of those dishes! Kicking off my photos, I have:

The birthday celebration package cake ordered to be in our stateroom on arrival:

A conk cooler at Castaway Cay:
Thanks for posting all these great photos! You chose items similar to what we would eat... I love fish and DH is a meat and potatoes guy. I also LOVE mojitos, and that one looks very tasty - can't wait to have one on the ship!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter