• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pics and Feedback re: Fantasy Room 8664

jcarter29

DIS Veteran
Hello All

We are booked for our first ever Disney Cruise (and first ever cruise at all for my hubby and kids) in Dec 2015 on the Fantasy in Room 8664. I'd love to know if you have feedback or pictures that I could share with my family as we plan our adventure.

We picked this area of the ship very specifically after recommendations from several trusted DIS'ers so I feel good about the room just want to see it or hear more.

Thanks!
Kim Borcoman:beach:

It is not your exact state room, but there is a YouTube video of cabin 7674 on the Dream. Since it is the same category as your room it would give you a pretty good idea of what yours will look like.

Hello All

We are booked for our first ever Disney Cruise (and first ever cruise at all for my hubby and kids) in Dec 2015 on the Fantasy in Room 8664. I'd love to know if you have feedback or pictures that I could share with my family as we plan our adventure.

We picked this area of the ship very specifically after recommendations from several trusted DIS'ers so I feel good about the room just want to see it or hear more.

Thanks!
Kim Borcoman:beach:

Hi Kim;
Pretty much all of the Oceanview rooms look the same, the beds might be on a different wall, but they are all standard. We sailed on the Dream on deck 9 and just about the identical location as your room, except on the other side of the ship. We loved being aft, it was so quiet on this end, hardly any foot traffic since no one goes past your room except for the few people in the rooms past yours.

You have just a couple of flights of stairs or take the aft elevator and your are right inside the buffet area, it was Cabanas on the Dream, not sure what they call it on the Fantasy. Plus the drink stations are right there, and at the pool deck which is just outside of the dining area.

Many mornings while I was waiting on everyone to get ready, I would pop up to Cabanas for some coffee, really nice.

You are going to love being aft when you cruise. Have fun!

We stayed in room 8664 on an Eastern Cruise in September. Did I like the location? Yes. Did I like the vibrations in the room? NO! I wouldn't recommend this stateroom as the vibration was something else. The whole room would shake when it was at its worse - the pictures on the wall, the TV, the bed, the curtains - everything!

This was our fourth Disney Cruise and we had stayed in aft rooms before. I am not speaking about the usual movement of the ship, which I actually like, but a real vibration like you were on some cheap massage chair. It actually woke me up a few times and was at its worse when we were in deep water. The staff that we spoke to said that it was normal and they got used to it but I wouldn't stay in that room again and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Hope you enjoy your cruise!

We stayed in room 8664 on an Eastern Cruise in September. Did I like the location? Yes. Did I like the vibrations in the room? NO! I wouldn't recommend this stateroom as the vibration was something else. The whole room would shake when it was at its worse - the pictures on the wall, the TV, the bed, the curtains - everything!

This was our fourth Disney Cruise and we had stayed in aft rooms before. I am not speaking about the usual movement of the ship, which I actually like, but a real vibration like you were on some cheap massage chair. It actually woke me up a few times and was at its worse when we were in deep water. The staff that we spoke to said that it was normal and they got used to it but I wouldn't stay in that room again and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Hope you enjoy your cruise!

The vibration problem is an issue specific to the Fantasy, apparently. We noticed it also on our recent cruises on her. It's the worst when the ship is traveling at higher speeds (18+ knots, and really bad if the ship is going 20+ knots).

I personally didn't care for the vibrating bed (all night for nights on end). Since the Fantasy Eastern itinerary has long hauls from PC to St Thomas (2 days at high speed) and one day from St Maarten to CC (also at high speed) most of the cruise we had vibration issues.

In Animator's Palate, the water glasses were dancing all over the table, with some of them actually falling off due to this.

Yes, high speeds were a definite factor. We got slightly obsessed with it and were constantly looking at the tv channel with the map, speed etc., however, I would say it wasn't just speed. On more than one occasion the vibration wasn't so bad and we thought we must have slowed down, however, we were still travelling at 20 knots. The staff in O'Gills - where it was really bad at points and fine at other times - said that it was normally at its worse when deep water was combined with speed. I agree though, I didn't think it could get worse until we left St. Martin for Castaway - wow that was the worst night by far!

I normally don't mind where I am on the ship as I don't get sea sick, but I wouldn't stay in a room that far aft on the Fantasy again.

Yes, high speeds were a definite factor. We got slightly obsessed with it and were constantly looking at the tv channel with the map, speed etc., however, I would say it wasn't just speed. On more than one occasion the vibration wasn't so bad and we thought we must have slowed down, however, we were still travelling at 20 knots. The staff in O'Gills - where it was really bad at points and fine at other times - said that it was normally at its worse when deep water was combined with speed. I agree though, I didn't think it could get worse until we left St. Martin for Castaway - wow that was the worst night by far!

I normally don't mind where I am on the ship as I don't get sea sick, but I wouldn't stay in a room that far aft on the Fantasy again.

Ugh. This is seriously making me ponder upgrading to where I can select a room rather than keep my GTY category. With my luck I'll end up with an aft cabin. :(

Ugh. This is seriously making me ponder upgrading to where I can select a room rather than keep my GTY category. With my luck I'll end up with an aft cabin. :(

Personally, the next time I do the Fantasy I'm going to try to get a more forward room. For our B2B we had a starboard side midship/aft-ish room on deck 10 (that's the one with the vibrating bed), and a port side midship room on deck 9 (less vibration, but still there). I'm hoping being more forward (and maybe lower) will reduce it further.

Of course, there's no getting away from the vibration in the bar areas/dining rooms.

Personally, the next time I do the Fantasy I'm going to try to get a more forward room. For our B2B we had a starboard side midship/aft-ish room on deck 10 (that's the one with the vibrating bed), and a port side midship room on deck 9 (less vibration, but still there). I'm hoping being more forward (and maybe lower) will reduce it further.

Of course, there's no getting away from the vibration in the bar areas/dining rooms.

I'm kicking myself from dropping from an assigned number 7A to an 8B GTY. I love the 8B cabins - and am actually kicking myself for not booking that to begin with. I just looked at the available verandah cabins that would still fall in my budget so I can book Palo, PAT, etc. when my window opens up and they are either connecting (EW!) or aft (or both). Definitely hoping for pixie dust to KEEP me in an 8B and in a nice forward cabin.

For our B2B we had a starboard side midship/aft-ish room on deck 10 (that's the one with the vibrating bed)

Ugh. We are midship/aft-ish on deck 7 (cabins 7638 and 7640). Now I'm going to stress out about this. Is this approximately the same location as your vibrating bed cabin, but down a few decks?

Ugh. We are midship/aft-ish on deck 7 (cabins 7638 and 7640). Now I'm going to stress out about this. Is this approximately the same location as your vibrating bed cabin, but down a few decks?

Looking at the deck plans, yes, it seems to be in the same vertical area as our room was. As I said, when we went down one deck the vibration was (marginally) less, but I'm not sure whether it had to do with going down a deck or going more forward. Or even, because it was a different itinerary. That's why, the next time on the Fantasy, I'm getting a room in a completely different area to see if there's really any difference.

Looking at the deck plans, yes, it seems to be in the same vertical area as our room was. As I said, when we went down one deck the vibration was (marginally) less, but I'm not sure whether it had to do with going down a deck or going more forward. Or even, because it was a different itinerary. That's why, the next time on the Fantasy, I'm getting a room in a completely different area to see if there's really any difference.

Well, it's too late for us to switch cabins. There are only guarantees left at this point, and we need connecting cabins. I guess we will just have to roll with it. I remember sailing on an ancient Royal Caribbean ship (the Viking Serenade), and it vibrated like you wouldn't believe. But I was young, and not nearly as fussy as I am now in my old age :-) I hope it's not horrible.

Just pinched pennies and looked at the budget and moved to a 5B - 8072 rather than keep the 8B GTY and risk getting a far aft cabin. Big sigh! :) It's more mid than I prefer, but at least with a "do not move" request on there I shouldn't be assigned to the aft section.

Now I'm worried about vibration in our cabin. We're staying in 7542 and it's too late to change.

We booked last minute and I didn't know anything about vibration issues. :(

Now I'm worried about vibration in our cabin. We're staying in 7542 and it's too late to change.

We booked last minute and I didn't know anything about vibration issues. :(

7542 is forward. There shouldn't be vibration problems - they are reported in the AFT section of the ship. You're opposite.

Dug720 said:
7542 is forward. There shouldn't be vibration problems - they are reported in the AFT section of the ship. You're opposite.

Thank you! I can't get a ship map to open on my phone. Lol

We had this same exact room, just on the opposite side of the ship, #8166 and we LOVED it!! In fact we have rebooked it for our April 2016 cruise, same exact room. The huge window was awesome, a favorite sitting place for our kids and it was kind of nice to see the ocean when we were in the room. There was very little vibration that we felt, just depends on the speed of the ship. I think you should try it, it's wonderful!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter