Picky eaters! Where to eat in the "area" of AK?

Draggy

Earning My Ears
My family has picky eaters and none of the table service places to eat sound good to them. What other places out side of but in the same area are there? Hotels?

We will be using the RDP if that makes any difference? :confused:

What is the RDP? AFAIK Disney has the QSDP, the DDP and the DxDP.

All of the Disney resorts will have either a counter service or TS (or both).

The closest resort is AKL. It holds the Mara CS food court, Boma (buffet) and Jiko (signature) restaurants in Jambo House. It also has Sanaa (TS in Kidani).

If you have a bunch of picky eaters, you could choose the buffets at Boma or at Tusker House inside the park- lots of variety to choose from.

The first thing that comes to mind is the RainForestCafe...We've always had good meals here...It will have a wide array of choices....Fun for all with the atmosphere, and located right near the entrance of the park too.

Also you can take a the bus ride back to either of the lodges , but w/ picky eater I think ZBOMA might be out of the question.

I'd go with RFK.:thumbsup2

Also forgot to add that I believe RFC accepts the Reg. DP now too..Where as when we went in 2011 it only took the deluxe I think.

Sorry! RDP =Regular dinning plan

Can anyone tell me if Whispering canyon cafe is near by?

This is our first trip and i'm feeling overwhelmed,

I agree with a PP about Rainforest Cafe. I think Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex have some of the largest selection of food of many of the restaurants in WDW. The quality of the food is pretty good, IMO and the atmosphere is awesome!

Have you thought about breakfast at tusker house? You could get a late reservation ~ 10:45ish and it could be your lunch. My oldest is very picky and she had plenty to choose from. Hard to mess up breakfast, IMO. She had scrambled eggs, waffles, fruit, bacon, sausage, and of course donuts!

Have you thought about breakfast at tusker house? You could get a late reservation ~ 10:45ish and it could be your lunch. My oldest is very picky and she had plenty to choose from. Hard to mess up breakfast, IMO. She had scrambled eggs, waffles, fruit, bacon, sausage, and of course donuts!

This! We did this on our last trip...everyone loved the food and the character interaction and we were able to go all afternoon on this "early lunch". In fact, I was still rather full at 5 pm when our dinner reservation at WCC rolled around (not that I let that stop me from ordering the skillet :rotfl2: ) and I skipped the 3 pm ice cream stop we had origionally planned. If your family likes breakfast foods, this might be a good way to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter