Picky adult eaters

MKEMSE

Mouseketeer
My mom is a REALLY picky eater. Are adults able to order food off of the kids menu?

My mom is a REALLY picky eater. Are adults able to order food off of the kids menu?

Yes.....

Picky in what way...would she rather have "plain" food without sauces or only wants mac and cheese???

Each night on the menu there is a "lighter fare" column for plain steaks, chicken, salad, etc. She should address any food concerns to your server or even your head server and they can offer alternatives if the menu choices don't suit her.

MJ

She likes plain food and loves Mac & cheese. For example, at WDW buffets, she gets stuff at the kiddie bar. I looked at the kids menu and she would be totally fine with that food. :goodvibes

I am one of the world's pickiest eaters. At dinner I ate off the kids menu several times. I also asked for baked potato a lot instead of one of their appetizers. They also would bring me plain salads- just lettuce and croutons, lol.

I am a picky eater so I ordered mac n cheese as a side dish most of the nights and one of my tablemates had french fries instead of the side dishes every night. If you don't like the sides with your main dish but like the sides of another main dish, just ask for them, they will accommodate gladly. If you tell your server on the first night that you always want a side of something from the kids menu they will remember the rest of the cruise.

The mac n cheese was some of the best restaurant mac n cheese.

The menus are posted outside the dinning rooms before the first dinner seating.

DD age 22 and DDBF age 21 mixed and matched from the childs menu and the adult menu. The next night the "adults" next to us were doing the same thing.
So yes enjoy

I don't like all the fu-fu soups and cold soups. So everynight I asked for the soup off the kids menu. The chicken noodle is very good!!

Just off the Dream last week and each night I ordered the salad off the kids menus (tip I picked up here) and several nights ordered the appetizer or dessert off the kids menu when the adult menu was too fru fru!

Absolutely--I'm not a picky eater, but unfortunately I have a paralyzed stomach that is :( I ordered off the kids menu several times on my last cruise.

Another picky eater here - DCL are very flexible with their menus. I often ordered beef dishes "plain" with the sauce on the side or without it altogether. I also mix and matched sides, and DH sometimes asked for fries instead of whatever was being offered on the menu.

Our DD loves the Mac & Cheese - she had some everyday during our cruise and sometimes twice a day if she saw it on the buffet at lunchtime! :rotfl:

Absolutely ask for what you'd like to eat even if you don't see it on the menu. I asked for plain iceberg lettuce with a viniagrette one night when I didn't like anything on the menu. They gladly brought and offered it every night after if I wanted it. I didn't like desserts one night and asked for a just a small bowl of raspberries (there had been a single perfect one garnishing a dessert the previous night!) they went and asked the chef who had none left. But, after they restocked, the waitstaff either just brought or offered me a bowl of raspberries every night after that until they ran out again. And when they ran out, they remembered that I didn't like blueberries and brought out a bowl of strawberries and blackberries. They will do whatever they can to satisfy and please you, if you only let them know what your heart (or stomach) desires!

.....or you can do what I do with my kids....when they get hungry enough, they'll eat whatever is given to them. :rotfl:
(and that's why my kids aren't picky eaters today)

My niece, about 16 at the time, got tired of all the fahncy cruise food and asked for a hot dog! I don't think I'd ever get that tired of prime rib, but to each their own.

My wife orders a grilled ribeye with a plain baked potato almost every night. No problem at all.

I'm very picky too. Nothing can touch on my plate. My husband enjoys making fun of me. I did request a kids menu along with the regular menu and they didn't treat me like I was weird at all. :upsidedow

I will have to agree that the mac and cheese was totally fab on the ship. ;)

Some nights I did a kid/adult menu combo. I could always find something I liked though. She'll be fine.

I plan on asking for a kids menu on our next cruise. I'm not picky, but sometimes I would like a plain salad instead of the unusual ones on the adult menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter