Picking up tickets early..

Anyone else picked up their tickets early recently?!

Yes, we picked up tickets 1-day early on 10/1.

I had an email several weeks back from ticketing that read this couldn't happen, but it also read as if it could have been confused with the complete MYW DP ticket. Replying to that, we got a phone call saying that we could do an early pick up and provided a reference number.

However we went to guest relations, provided ID and reservation, and got our park tickets. We actually checked in first at Coronado (1-night stay) to get our parking pass. Next morning, checked in at POFQ, and they combined park tickets back to our MYW tickets.

The lady said she worked concierge, but was helping with check-in that morning, and normally check-in cannot do this and would have to handled at her desk or guest relations. She provided print-outs of everything to confirm our credits and park tickets were correct.

Yes, we picked up tickets 1-day early on 10/1.

I had an email several weeks back from ticketing that read this couldn't happen, but it also read as if it could have been confused with the complete MYW DP ticket. Replying to that, we got a phone call saying that we could do an early pick up and provided a reference number.

However we went to guest relations, provided ID and reservation, and got our park tickets. We actually checked in first at Coronado (1-night stay) to get our parking pass. Next morning, checked in at POFQ, and they combined park tickets back to our MYW tickets.

The lady said she worked concierge, but was helping with check-in that morning, and normally check-in cannot do this and would have to handled at her desk or guest relations. She provided print-outs of everything to confirm our credits and park tickets were correct.

Thanks for coming back and updating us. :thumbsup2 It's good to know that so far it's still the same practice as before. Reassuring that our plans won't be out of whack when we get there for our split stay.

FYI I picked up my tickets one day early on October 21st despite what I was told by CMs on the phone. Thankfully the Dis helped me with this one!

FYI I picked up my tickets one day early on October 21st despite what I was told by CMs on the phone. Thankfully the Dis helped me with this one!

That's great news!

Where did you pick them up?

I picked them up at Guest Relations at Magic Kingdom. The line was long, but the CM who helped me never gave me a single problem. He acted like he does it all the time :)

That's great news! It's what we want to do 4 weeks from tomorrow! :yay:

This is great info, lets just hope it doesn't change before January 7th! We are at WDW Jan 7th-15th. The first night is a discounted room only at POR, and the 8th-15th is free dining at POR. We are hoping to be able to pick up our tickets on the 7th, instead of waiting until the 8th. Has anyone tried to do this at POR recently? Is it a huge hassle to put the tickets onto the KTTWC the next day?

This is great info, lets just hope it doesn't change before January 7th! We are at WDW Jan 7th-15th. The first night is a discounted room only at POR, and the 8th-15th is free dining at POR. We are hoping to be able to pick up our tickets on the 7th, instead of waiting until the 8th. Has anyone tried to do this at POR recently? Is it a huge hassle to put the tickets onto the KTTWC the next day?

It wasn't a problem at all. They acted like they do it everyday :)

It wasn't a problem at all. They acted like they do it everyday :)

Thanks for the update this is something we have never had to worry about (we are AP) but now we are going in 2 weeks with MIL and getting MYW w/ free dining but can't get the first night on the package so we had to do a room only night and will need to pick up her tickets early.

I got my tickets early at my resort when I checked in . We had a room only reservation the first 2 nights but they gave me the tickets at the poly. That was nice. I was expecting to go to GR.

I got my tickets early at my resort when I checked in . We had a room only reservation the first 2 nights but they gave me the tickets at the poly. That was nice. I was expecting to go to GR.

Thanks for posting! We leave in 11 days and will be picking up our tickets a couple days early as well!! :cool1:

We picked up our park tickets 2 days early at Downtown Disney. There was no line and no problems. I didn't ask at POP when I checked in for the room-only portion of the trip because I had heard that there have been problems when doing it at the resort, so we went to DD for dinner our first night and picked up our tickets there. Then when we checked back into POP for our FD portion of the trip, they cancelled our old tickets and added the remaining days to our keys. The whole process was easy and painless. :thumbsup2

We picked up our park tickets 2 days early at Downtown Disney. There was no line and no problems. I didn't ask at POP when I checked in for the room-only portion of the trip because I had heard that there have been problems when doing it at the resort, so we went to DD for dinner our first night and picked up our tickets there. Then when we checked back into POP for our FD portion of the trip, they cancelled our old tickets and added the remaining days to our keys. The whole process was easy and painless. :thumbsup2

Thank you (and pp) for posting an update! We are leaving in a week and 1/2 and are planning to do the same as you at DD on our 1st nt. I'm glad to hear they were able to add them to your KTTW cards as well.

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
8/09-CSR
11/11-CSR

We picked up our tickets early on 11/25 from MK guest services. No issues and took less than 5 minutes.

Can you still pick up tickets early? We are going in Sept. and will go a day earlier than our actual vacation starts. We have added the water parks and more option this year and we will be going to DTD the night we arrive for dinner so I was wondering if we would be able to get our water parks and more tickets early to be able to go to Disney Quest?

TIA

Can you still pick up tickets early? We are going in Sept. and will go a day earlier than our actual vacation starts. We have added the water parks and more option this year and we will be going to DTD the night we arrive for dinner so I was wondering if we would be able to get our water parks and more tickets early to be able to go to Disney Quest?

TIA
Yes.

If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #15-I, you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

Yes.

If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #15-I, you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

Hi Cheshire. I am heading over this Friday (room only Friday and Saturday). My free dining package starts Sunday. Is it still possible to pickup the tickets 2 days early from my package. Wondering how this works now that there is Magicbands. I imagine in the past they gave you an actual plastic ticket when you got it early so wondering how it is done now with a Magicband.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter