Picking up tickets earlier because of free dining dates

I just go by what we are told and what was told at more than one resort. It may have been that way in the past but I know a lot are cracking down on it and enforcing it.

I think that is the issue. The resorts don't have jurisdiction over the actual ticket procedures. It is left to the discretion of Guest Relations at the parks. They are currently allowing guests to pick up package tickets up to three days prior to the start of their package stay. All the info is in the ticket sticky. Cheshire Figment updates the sticky anytime there is a change in policy, so his info should be accurate. :goodvibes

smitch425 said:
I think that is the issue. The resorts don't have jurisdiction over the actual ticket procedures. It is left to the discretion of Guest Relations at the parks. They are currently allowing guests to pick up package tickets up to three days prior to the start of their package stay. All the info is in the ticket sticky. Cheshire Figment updates the sticky anytime there is a change in policy, so his info should be accurate. :goodvibes

See that's the thing most guests when they come figure if they can't get their tickets at the resort because it is part of the package then that's the end of that. I'm going to talk to one of my leaders about this tomorrow and see her suggestion when it comes to wording things to the guests. If anything it helps us all you can get another day at parks and it helps our sales. :)

See that's the thing most guests when they come figure if they can't get their tickets at the resort because it is part of the package then that's the end of that. I'm going to talk to one of my leaders about this tomorrow and see her suggestion when it comes to wording things to the guests. If anything it helps us all you can get another day at parks and it helps our sales. :)
If the "new" policy was to not let guests pick up their package tickets at the guest relations desk, then CheshireFigment, the MK gate/ticket CM, would have updated the Sticky at the top of the Themeparks & Strategies Board. He is very specific with his information. In fact, I believe I read on one of the free dining threads yesterday that someone PM'd him about still being able to pick up the package tickets early, and he confirmed, as of yesterday, that was still possible.

If the "new" policy was to not let guests pick up their package tickets at the guest relations desk, then CheshireFigment, the MK gate/ticket CM, would have updated the Sticky at the top of the Themeparks & Strategies Board. He is very specific with his information. In fact, I believe I read on one of the free dining threads yesterday that someone PM'd him about still being able to pick up the package tickets early, and he confirmed, as of yesterday, that was still possible.

He confirmed it for me about 2 months ago and then someone went down that week, was told by a phone CM that he could not do it and Chesire was 100% right. ...The guy picked up his tickets with no problem.

Here is that instance. We were not allowed to pick up our tickets one day early at CBR last November. We had a one night room only reservation and a 6 night package with free dining and park hopper. When we tried to pick up the tickets we were not allowed to do so and were told that we had to wait until our package started the next morning.
It actually worked out O.K. because we had already purchased MVMCP tickets.

You usually can't at the hotel. you have to go to a parks guest services

You usually can't at the hotel. you have to go to a parks guest services

But it can be done. Last August I was staying at ASM for 2 nights before my free dining package began at Pop. I called Disney Ticketing a few weeks ahead of time and asked about picking up my tickets early. At first I was told it can't be done but I pressed the issue. I was transferred to supervisor who contacted the concierge at Pop who agreed to do it. After I checked in at ASM I drove over to Pop and got my tickets with no problem.

I'm not saying they'll do that for everyone or that they still do it but it worked for me. This was almost a year ago and things can change a lot at WDW in a year.

ETA: When I checked in at Pop my tickets were transferred to my KTTW cards without me even asking about it.

But it can be done. Last August I was staying at ASM for 2 nights before my free dining package began at Pop. I called Disney Ticketing a few weeks ahead of time and asked about picking up my tickets early. At first I was told it can't be done but I pressed the issue. I was transferred to supervisor who contacted the concierge at Pop who agreed to do it. After I checked in at ASM I drove over to Pop and got my tickets with no problem.

I'm not saying they'll do that for everyone or that they still do it but it worked for me. This was almost a year ago and things can change a lot at WDW in a year.

ETA: When I checked in at Pop my tickets were transferred to my KTTW cards without me even asking about it.

Yes it can be done...but don't give up if the resort won't do it...try at Guest services at one of the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter