picking a room

zoemurr

DIS Veteran
We're quite behind on our planning.. looks like the cheapest rooms are on deck 8. If it is only showing me 7 rooms is that all that is available, or are they just narrowing it down? How do I pick the "best" room? Thanks!

(Looking for Dream Bahamas if that matters..)

We're quite behind on our planning.. looks like the cheapest rooms are on level 8. If it is only showing me 7 rooms is that all that is available, or are they just narrowing it down? How do I pick the "best" room? Thanks!

(Looking for Dream Bahamas if that matters..)

When you book on the DCL site, and go to the page to select a room, they will only offer you a selection of that category (usually 6 or 7 rooms). If you have specific room in mind, and it's not one of the ones they offer, there's a place to put in a specific room # to see if it's available.

"Best" is really subjective. What I like best, others don't. And I don't really care for what some others think is the best.

Best is whatever works for you and your family. I like to be in the front 1/2 of the ship. I don't want to walk through Cabanas and deal with all of the kids on the top deck. I like to be close to the spa and adult areas. My DD16 likes to be close to the Vibe which is forward. If I had little kids, I might like aft better. It all depends on your idea of "best".

Which ship?
On the Dream and Fantasy, we prefer Deck 8, mid ship, starboard side. There are a couple of reasons:
1. It seems like less movement mid ship (we were all the way in the back once and it was vibration city)
2. Deck 8 is pretty central. We try to use only the stairs on the ships (then we don't feel as guilty eating desserts), so Deck 8 is only 3 decks from the pool and Cabanas, and its 5 or 6 down to AP, EC, and RP.
3. I like having staterooms above and below me. I was on a different cruise line once, on a high deck, right below the pool, and had to deal with scraping pool chairs every morning around 5am. NOT my idea of a good vacation! lol
4. Starboard side is the side facing Castaway Cay when you dock there.

On the Magic, we prefer Deck 7, mid ship, starboard side, for the same reasons.

Good luck choosing! :)

upper decks middle are the higher categories and hence cost more per room. You need to decide first the type of category. Then decide between deluxe and family deluxe (which are a little bigger since they can accommodate up to five. Then, decide on deck and location.

Lower the number of the category, the more it'll cost. Then within a number, the lower the letter, the more it'll cost. Except for concierge, Cat 4A would be the most expensive. The lowest cost would be 11C.

Cruisedeckplans.com is a good site to look at the room locations and categories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter