Picking a resort by taking a quiz...

MinnieMommy07

Mouseketeer
:) I see alot of quizzes online that try to help people choose a resort by answering some basic questions like:
"Do you want to pay X amount of money" or
"Do you want a hot tub" etc.

This is all good but I was wondering, as experts that know alot about Disney Resorts, if you were to make a quiz to help a complete stranger make a great decision, what kinds of creative questioning would you use to make your quiz?

:cutie:

Some ideas for questions would be

to show some color samples that are present at each resort and to let the quiztaker choose their favorite and least favorite three schemes....

or take some of the menu's from the resort to see which foods appeal to the quiztaker.

I would ask theming questions. Like "Are you drawn to nature or victorian type theming?" / "Do you like beaches or zoos better?"and narrow down fromt here.

I know myself that i would much prefer the theming of the Boardwalk than AKL for example. And I believe the theming makes the resort.

My question would be:

Do you care about the resort atmosphere/aesthetics, or will only see the resort while you are sleeping?

Very hard and interesting question!

I would start first with location questions. What parks do you spend most of your time visiting? Do you like the idea of bus service or monorail service?

then I would probably go to amenities questions - do you prefer a resort that has sit down restaurants or food courts? (personally, we hardly ever eat at the hotel dining spots so the type of cuisine available isn't really a selling point for me.)

DO you intend to use the pool? do you require a spa? do you desire a robe to be provided? is 1 sink sufficient or do you need 2? Do you want the shower/toilet separate from a dressing area? do you want a private balcony?

I like the questions about liking the beach, eclectic, nature, tropical, or victorian - laid back or more formal -

Of course, at Disney you have to include price point questions. That determines MANy things for MANY families!

Not sure color scheme is a big deal for many - but maybe light/dark is more the question.

Should be fun to see what other questions people come up with!

First and foremost:

When you travel, what kind of hotel suits you best?
What kind of things do you enjoy from your hotel?

I know w/o question I am not a MOTEL 6 KIND OF GIRL. I like Hilton, Radisson, Crowne Plaza and the like. When I walk into the lobby, I want some type of "wow".

I like to sit in the lobby sometimes.
I like to use the pool.
I enjoy a HOT HotTub.
I restaurant in the hotel in preferred.
A free newspaper.

And of course WDW resorts are in their own category. I think $money$ is the FIRST factor to consider.

Some ideas for questions would be

to show some color samples that are present at each resort and to let the quiztaker choose their favorite and least favorite three schemes....

or take some of the menu's from the resort to see which foods appeal to the quiztaker.

I like your questions. The color scheme is important to us since I have two ASD kids. We also like to eat at the resort, so a good CS and good TS places are preferred.

To the OP, I've taken those polls myself, and I always end up with the Poly. :upsidedow

How we decide - well sort of..

Price of the room ?

Size of the room ?

Transportation service to the Parks ?

Walkable to a Park ?

Discounts available ?

Fit a Twin sized Aerobed in the room ?

Bike & boat rentals ?

Pool size and clean area ?

Bedbugs found at the resort ?

One sink or two ?

Closet doors on the closet ?

Balconies ?

Room door leads to the outside or a hallway ?

Newness of a rehab on the resort rooms ?

Just to name a few things we check out to decide on our resort :goodvibes

well you should start off with what is your price range
how many are in your party
then go to the area you would like to be near (closer to MK, Epcot, or AK)
pools, spa, and food desires

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter