Pickey Adult Eaters

disneymomto5

DIS Veteran
I know this has been asked before but I cannot find the thread anywhere. My husband finally agreed to cruise after 15!!!! years of me bugging him and we're scheduled to sail in November. However, after looking at the menus I think there are probably very few items he'll really enjoy eating off the adult menu. I know it's ridiculous, but can adults order off the kids menu? Thanks for your help.

DCL is very catering to us picky people. They'll make things without the "extras" and cook whatever way you ask (my experience). You can order off the kids menu--no problem. The menu is daunting, but if a picky eater were to ever experiment--this is the time to do it. Smaller portions and if you don't like it, you can order something else.

It's nice to know that they will help you out on the menus...

How about the buffets? Can't your hubby find stuff to eat there?

He can always eat the pizza up on deck, it is the best. Have him eat first up there and just get a salad and dessert in the restaurant.

You can always order chicken, steak, and (I think) pasta and salmon. Dh though he would be doing that, but ended up finding something every night on the menu except 1.

I know this has been asked before but I cannot find the thread anywhere. My husband finally agreed to cruise after 15!!!! years of me bugging him and we're scheduled to sail in November. However, after looking at the menus I think there are probably very few items he'll really enjoy eating off the adult menu. I know it's ridiculous, but can adults order off the kids menu? Thanks for your help.

My in-laws are like this....they order steak every night. And burgers and fries for lunch every day. Here I always thought my kids were picky until I cruise with my in-laws. They made my kids look so much better....my kids actually will try more when on the cruise. they get a kick out of trying something they never had before. And then finding out they like it......what a shock that is to them!

lettie

My husband is a picky eater too he didn't care at all for the food,:mad: he likes the more down home cooking meat and pototoe kind of guy. He ordered steak every night if you like all that ritzie food you will be fine, but if you are looking for some southern home cooking fill up before you go!! And everytime we ask for something else, they had to check with the head waiter or whatever to see if there was enough time to prepare it because we were on the first dinner.... But we didn't starve

My husband is a very picker eater as well and the servers were so kind to him! We let them know the first night that he is picky and they were very happy to make changes to items. When there was filet over shrimp and crab meat, he got filet with regular mashed potatoes and a veggie. When there was pasta with different veggies or seafood, they made him pasta with plain marinara sauce. They also always had regular mashed potatoes...so he supplemented with that quite a bit! :)

I too consider myself a picky eater and would have to share that I didn't care much for the dining room food. I even ordered the same meal two nights in a row, due to there not being anything else I would eat on the menu.

Both Adults and Children can also "mix and match" from the the Kids and Adults menu. While I am not a picky eater I did enjoy the Kids Chicken Noodle Soup with main entree. DD mixed Children's appitiers and desserts with main courses off the kids menu. One of our table mates had the childrens veggies almost every night.

This is good info.. i will be cruising with a picky eater (DH), who is also a meat and potato guy.............

I am a picky eater as well. meat and potatoe kinda guy. no fishy stuff at all. also very little rabbit food. yuck!

The "lighter fare" section of the menu has a steak every night ... check that section of each menu, excellent steak!.

as long as there is steak, chicken breast, rice and corn, I am :thumbsup2

You can also make requests. For example, if it is a fancy salad dressing, you can request ranch. I like to have salad with my meals, and my server was great to accomodate and bring me a regular salad or switch the dressing, etc.

My dh is also very picky but I must say he never went hungry on our cruise. He was able to have everything prepared the way he liked it...plain, no sauce, boring (my opinion) and he was just fine.
There always seemed to be a steak on the menu that he would eat without whatever sauce was offered. He also ate his share of pizza and chicken tenders out by the pool.:thumbsup2

Umm . . I confess I ordered the Mickey bar off the kids dessert menu at Parrot Cay. It gave us all a laugh at the table, but it was so good. :mickeybar

Yes, Disney is v. v. good at catering to picky eaters. No one should have a problem getting something that will make them happy.

Being a somewhat picky eater myself (no fungus, no rare meat, no sea roaches, no coconut, etc) I did find one great thing about eating on a cruise. I can try new things! Because if I don't like it, I can always ask for somehting else (or even better, order something I know I will like, /and/ something new and different to try a little bit of). It takes away some of the stress and the "if I don't like this, I either have to embarass myself or go hungry" feeling. It has really helped me to broaden my culinary horizons.

it's nice to know they will change things around for you. i have the one problem of being allergic to sugar so that means i can't eat alot of the sauces and stuff(also natural sugar so veggies are out as well) i didn't want to seem to picky when i ordered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter