• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pick up rental car at WDW?

westjones

DIS Veteran
I just saw this in a FAQ about the new Magical Express Bus service WDW is offering for free this summer:

Will you continue to operate the Auto Car Care Center on Disney property that allows Guests to pick up a rental car?
Yes.

How does this work? How can you 'rent' a car and leave it at WDW while on property? Has anyone done this? Where is this Auto Car Care Center located?

Thanks,
DJ

I believe the rental place (National/Alamo) is near the TTC and you can also rent a car at the Swan/Dolphin (National/Alamo).

I always rent from the airport and park my car at my resort for free (onsite guests) unless I wish to valet park.

Some people use other means to get to their resort but want a car for part of their trip to head somewhere else. Then they'd get their car at the location on Disney property. Also some like to do one day rentals where they rent it at the airport and return it at Disney and the do the same on their last day.

But if you rent a car there, you're parking will be free if you are staying onsite.

I'm not sure I get the question. There's a Car Care Center where, among other things, you can rent a car from one of the major rental companies and use it during your stay as you would if you had rented at MCO. You can park it in your resort's lot, return it to the center before bussing back to MCO or drop it at the airport (I think) for a little more. Regardless of what happens to the Car Center, Dolphin has an Alamo/National desk that I don't see going away as it services the convention business that Swan/Dolphin hosts. Hope this answers your question.

Bill From PA

I just rented a car from Alamo(at WDW Car Care Center) and will return it one week later at MCO. It was over $100 cheaper than getting it from the airport.

I am staying longer than a week, I will use disney transportation the first few days than pick up the rental

Thanks! I didn't realize there was a place like this AT WDW. With the new Magical Express service to and from the airport, it might be nice to be able to just rent a car for a day instead of the whole stay. We will check it out.
Thanks!
DJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter