Pick up and drop off points at parks if using Uber?

disneygrandma

Mickey Fan
Last year we used a Minnie van for the 1st time, and one of the perks was "up front" pick up/drop off at the bus stops at the parks. However, if we stay at one of the hotels in the Disney Springs area, and decide to use an Uber, where do they drop off/pick up at the parks? For instance, if going to the MK, do they drop off/pick up at the TTC, or are they allowed to go in to the bus stop area? And if so, are they then the farthest location?

What if we use the shuttle for the Disney Springs hotels? Where do they drop off/pick up at the parks?

We're trying to decide what would be our best option. Thanks for your help on this!

I'm totally making stuff up, so don't trust me.....

But if I wanted to take a black car somewhere, I'd get my driver to dump me off at the Contemporary if I were heading to MK, Beach Club if I were heading to Epcot and Boardwalk if I was going to HS. Of course all of these options involve some walking.....

do they drop off/pick up at the TTC,
Yes.
or are they allowed to go in to the bus stop area?
No.
And if so, are they then the farthest location?
Marked area.
What if we use the shuttle for the Disney Springs hotels? Where do they drop off/pick up at the parks?
At/near the TTC for MK and any destination you need to connect to from there; outside the park in, probably, the opposite direction for DHS/AK; you will have to ask at Epcot.

Your Disney Springs resort should have detailed transportation information for you.

Initially, we made a resv onsite. Then we saw a discount for the B hotel near Disney Springs and booked a room there because it was much cheaper than onsite. However, it would mean no ME, and no Disney buses. That's why I would like to get as much info as possible. We want to make a decision on our resort before our 60 day mark so there won't be any issues with our FP's.

So it sounds like if we go to the MK, we would be dropped off and picked up from the TTC. Does anyone know if the Disney Springs hotel bus would be the same? As for the other parks, I'm kind of confused as to where the pick up/drop off is. I would appreciate any more info that I could get.

Thank you!

Does anyone know if the Disney Springs hotel bus would be the same?
The DS hotel shuttles drop off at TTC for MK.

At the other parks, they drop off in the charter bus lots. At Epcot & DHS, it's just beyond the resort bus stops. At AK, it's at the edge of handicapped parking farthest from the entrance, but I don't know whether that's been relocated during the construction.

Initially, we made a resv onsite. Then we saw a discount for the B hotel near Disney Springs and booked a room there because it was much cheaper than onsite. However, it would mean no ME, and no Disney buses. That's why I would like to get as much info as possible. We want to make a decision on our resort before our 60 day mark so there won't be any issues with our FP's.

So it sounds like if we go to the MK, we would be dropped off and picked up from the TTC. Does anyone know if the Disney Springs hotel bus would be the same? As for the other parks, I'm kind of confused as to where the pick up/drop off is. I would appreciate any more info that I could get.

Thank you!
Typically the non-Disney buses are out past the Disney buses. With the new arrangement at DHS, I don’t know if they are now tram territory - for example. They used to be on the far side of handicap parking.
Bottom line any non-Disney transport is not going to drop you as conveniently as Disney transport. If you want Disney convenience, including the ability to have packages sent to your room, staying immersed in the Disney bubble, I would stay on site. If you are park commandos or have littles, you need to factor in the extra time for getting to transport and then navigating International Dr. For example, the dedicated bus lanes that are now set up, I don’t know if they are limited to Disney.

I took a Lyft last week to both HS (for a super early morning) and from Epcot back to BLT. The pickup for Lyft was very close to the bag check and security for HS. The pickup for Lyft was past a bunch of construction walls for Epcot, but not much further of a walk than the closer rows of the parking lots.

Last year we used a Minnie van for the 1st time, and one of the perks was "up front" pick up/drop off at the bus stops at the parks. However, if we stay at one of the hotels in the Disney Springs area, and decide to use an Uber, where do they drop off/pick up at the parks? For instance, if going to the MK, do they drop off/pick up at the TTC, or are they allowed to go in to the bus stop area?
For MK, the best destination for Uber is the Contemporary Resort. It's just a short walk from there to the MK entrance.

as others have mentioned don't uber to MK and choose a monorail hotel. or else you will be dropped off at the TTC.
i almost prefer to solely bus to MK to avoid the TTC...but personal preference.

for AK we got dropped off SO CLOSE whether that was correct or not...we were pretty much directly in front of the park entrance as close as a car could physically get

as others have mentioned don't uber to MK and choose a monorail hotel. or else you will be dropped off at the TTC.
I'm pretty sure that is incorrect.

If you put your destination as MK, yes you will be taken to TTC. But if you select the Contemporary as your destination, that's where you will be dropped off.

Generally speaking, Uber, Lyft and taxis can go anywhere regular traffic can go. They can't go into areas where only Disney vehicles are permitted (the MK bus stop, for example, and the inner areas of some resort complexes)

Thank you!
disneygrandma, we are staying at the B Resort this coming weekend because the price couldn't be beat! I can update you next week about how things run with the shuttle/uber options :-)

I'm pretty sure that is incorrect.

If you put your destination as MK, yes you will be taken to TTC. But if you select the Contemporary as your destination, that's where you will be dropped off.

Generally speaking, Uber, Lyft and taxis can go anywhere regular traffic can go. They can't go into areas where only Disney vehicles are permitted (the MK bus stop, for example, and the inner areas of some resort complexes)

that's what i said lol....don't uber to MK because they won't go to MK..instead, uber to a monorail hotel

Thanks for all of this useful info everyone. And yes, Elastigirl24, I would love to hear about your experiences with the transportation from the B Resort, as well as the resort itself. Thanks so much!

Elastigirl24, what was your experience with the B Resort and the transportation? Hope you had a great time!

We were there a couple of weeks ago. We used Lyft basically every day. For Mk we would set up the Contemporary resort as our drop off. Only a ten minute walk and the bag check on the walkway going to Mk is much faster than the main bag check in front of Mk. For Epcot we did Boardwalk as our drop off because we love eating breakfast in France. Hs drops off in the same area as the taxis and Minnie vans. Ak use to be directly in front but due to some parking lot work, it's a little further away.

This is very helpful. Thanks for describing the drop off locations. Did you stay at the B Resort, or where were you coming from? If at the B, what were your impressions of the hotel?

We're not experienced with ride sharing, and have only used the Minnie Vans for 1 day on our last trip in July, 2018. If I remember, each trip was about $25, and that was from onsite. How much was each trip with Lyft on your last trip?

Thanks again!

This is very helpful. Thanks for describing the drop off locations. Did you stay at the B Resort, or where were you coming from? If at the B, what were your impressions of the hotel?

We're not experienced with ride sharing, and have only used the Minnie Vans for 1 day on our last trip in July, 2018. If I remember, each trip was about $25, and that was from onsite. How much was each trip with Lyft on your last trip?

Thanks again!
MinnieVan pricing changed dramatically a while ago. It is no longer a flat fare. It's $15 + $2.75 per mile now -- so a LOT more for most rides.

OK, we are back from our trip so I can give you the update @disneygrandma with regard to the resort and the shuttle situation. We were able to check into the Resort at 10am on Friday which was so helpful. I figured that we'd have to check our bags and then come back to the resort later to check in. The shuttle leaves the resort every 30 min, on the hr and half hr. There are 4 hotel stops on the A line - on your way to the parks, B is #3 so after it picks you up, it only makes one more fast stop at the Doubletree and then goes onto the parks. On the return from the parks, it stops at the Hilton and Holiday Inn first but they're one right after another so the stops are pretty quick. The first day, we took the shuttle to and from EPCOT. It drops you/picks up at the TTC. We waited about 15min at the end of the night for the shuttle and it made another stop at HS before heading back to the resorts. Now, we didn't stay for Illuminations that night so while our shuttle had maybe 15 people total after both stops, I'm sure if you stayed until the end of the night, it would have been crowded. The remaining 3 days, we used a combination of Uber to the parks, Disney internal busses between parks and the hotel shuttles back to the Resort at the end of the day. With EEMH, we didn't want to waste time in the mornings waiting for the shuttles. Uber from B to HS cost us about $10+tip. It drops off right next to the new Skyliner station which was super convenient. Uber to MK dropped off at TTC and cost about $12+tip. For us, we knew we'd be dropped there bc my husband wanted to take the Ferry over to MK. However, it does add time to the trip so like others have mentioned, I would ask to be dropped at the Contemporary if time were a concern. My general impressions of the shuttle was that if time is a concern for you, Uber is much more convenient and certainly WAY cheaper than having to rent a car plus pay to park. On the rides home, the shuttles were standing room only coming back from both AK and HS and made multiple stops but, if you're not in a rush to get back to the resort, they were convenient and free so we had no issue with them. At AK, the pickup point is not well marked so be sure to ask an employee in the parking area where the pickup is bc you won't find it on your own.
As for the Resort, I have really no complaints. The room was exactly as advertised, a little dated but totally clean. My only complaints were that the AC was very loud when it kicked on during the night and that the only plug near our bed was an European plug, not a U.S., so you couldn't plug your phone in near the bed to use as an alarm. I'd recommend bringing an extension cord if that's important to you. The hotel itself was quiet and we rarely heard other guests from our room. The store in the lobby was pricey IMO (on par w Disney pricing) but they had coffee every morning and also some breakfast offerings. I'm not sure what time they open but we were there a little before 7am every day. They're open until Midnight. We also tried the restaurant. It was fine, service was slow despite only having maybe 8 tables of guests. Food was adequate, I'd say equivalent to an Applebees or Chili's. The pool area looked nice, lots of loungers around it and a game area for the kids right there as well.
If you have an other questions, just ask :-)

Thanks for such an informative report on the transportation from/to the B Resort and the parks. Was there a certain pick up time at the parks, like there was from the resorts? Was the shuttle a full size bus? or smaller? Did you also use Uber between MCO and the B? If so, what was the cost and did you feel OK with that experience, as opposed to the ME?

On a future trip, do you think you would stay here again? Or would it be a pass? Did it seem like a big adjustment from staying onsite? or not that much different? We haven't stayed offsite in 20 yrs, but we need to decide if we should do so now. The B resv is so much cheaper than our onsite resv, but we don't know if it will be worth it. Your replies have definitely helped us to make a mental picture of the situation.

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter