• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pick my EPCOT dinner because I cant

hetzeltj

Mouseketeer
I am struggling to pick a spot for dinner in EPCOT. I am going to be there 9/17-9/22 (me and my GF) and I am probably going to eat dinner 2 nights in EPCOT. I have trimmed the list down some to a few places but cannot pick. Looking for single table service credit options.

Options I am thinking about:
Biergarten
Via Napoli
Chefs de France
Rose and Crown.

Rose and Crown is the only place of the above I have been to before. If we went to Via Napoli and ordered a Pizza, how does that work on the dinning plan?

Thanks,

My order of preference would be a tie for via napoli, Chefs de France, and Rose and Crown.... then Biergarten way in the back. It is a lot of fun, but I don't like the food as much as the others.

Have you ever thought of Teppan Edo? It's pretty good. Of the ones you have I would pick Rose and Crown then second would be Via Napoli.

If you can work out R&C to eat dinner and finish about the time Illuminations starts, that would be my first choice. Ask for an outside table. My second choice would be Chefs de France. Loved the food there. After that Via Napoli,, based on recommendation of a friend. Last time we went there, we were not impressed with the food, but I heard it's gotten much better. Last choice would be Biergarten. Thought the food was terrible and somehow we ended up being seated at the end of the show. Break was so long we left before it started again. Might have been just bad luck, but it was still a big disappointment.

Tough question. Everyone is so different. I don't like Biergarten. I get stuck with weird people at my table. Rose and Crown, meh. Via Napoli is ok. So is Chefs. It would be between those 2 on the list if those were my options. I am personally a fan of Spice Road if I had a TS credit to use, and Tangerine Cafe is my favorite QS in all of Disney.

We love going to Via Napoli and getting a big pizza to split. It's filling, delicious, and not too expensive.

Here's our last pizza we got back in Feb
IMG_0324.jpg

I am struggling to pick a spot for dinner in EPCOT. I am going to be there 9/17-9/22 (me and my GF) and I am probably going to eat dinner 2 nights in EPCOT. I have trimmed the list down some to a few places but cannot pick. Looking for single table service credit options.

Options I am thinking about:
Biergarten
Via Napoli
Chefs de France
Rose and Crown.

Rose and Crown is the only place of the above I have been to before. If we went to Via Napoli and ordered a Pizza, how does that work on the dinning plan?

Thanks,

I haven't tried Chefs de France, but of the other three Biergarten is one of our absolute favorites in all of WDW. Good food, fun atmosphere and entertainment. Rose and Crown is good too. Via Napoli we didn't care for the food or service.

Of those that I have tried my favorite would be chef de france
And least favorite is biergarden..

I have eaten at all of the ones that you are thinking about. My favorite is via Napoli nothing beats their pizza. My least favorite would have to be biergarten I just wasn't the biggest fan of the cuisine they had to offer. I went to chefs last month for the first time and I throughly enjoyed it. I also really enjoyed rose and crown I think I even enjoy is more than chefs. So for me I would do
1. Via Napoli
2.rose and crown
3. Chefs de France
4. Biergarten

You will be there during F&W so you might want to graze at the booths and not eat a TS at Epcot. If you do, I'd say switch to Spice Road, it's excellent.

I love Biergarten. If you are very hungry and thirsty this is the place. But you can't go very wrong with the other choices.

We are big fans of Via Napoli as well! We just went to Rose & Garden on Saturday and while we do like it I wasn't a huge fan of what we ordered this past visit although loved the Coronation salad! Fish n Chips there always a hit! Working on a review (or at least getting photos up first) on my website right now. But do have lots of photos from Via Napoli, dd and I usually get the large pizza and I do half proscuitto e melone and she does the margarita on her half.

Feel free to check out lots more photos from VN:

VIA NAPOLI LUNCH & DINNER

via-napoli-half-and-half-pizza-1.jpg

I'd do Biergarten and Rose and Crown. The Biergarten is one of our must-dos every trip (we LOVE German food and it's a good use of a meal credit). Rose and Crown is usually a solid choice. I've only been to Chefs de France once and the food was good, but the wait was long (with an ADR) and the restaurant was so crowded and the tables are so close together.
Never been to Via Napoli because I eat plenty of good pizza at home for much less money.

I'd do Biergarten and Rose and Crown. The Biergarten is one of our must-dos every trip (we LOVE German food and it's a good use of a meal credit). Rose and Crown is usually a solid choice. I've only been to Chefs de France once and the food was good, but the wait was long (with an ADR) and the restaurant was so crowded and the tables are so close together.
Never been to Via Napoli because I eat plenty of good pizza at home for much less money.

If you live in a decent sized city you can eat any cuisine that's much better for much less money. Just sayin'

Well sure, but it's still like $20/person for good German food and maybe $5/person for good pizza. When using dining credits I like to get the most out of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter