• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

pick a pearl setting

Great pics, Ducky Luv. Thank you. I am so excited to do this. I know this has been asked and answered but I know you can bring your own setting, do they charge you to use a setting of your own and what if the pearl you pick is to big or small to fit in what you brought? I know I can just buy one that fits but is there an average size that I should be looking for in a necklace? Forgive me, I am pearl clueless!!!!!

Great pics, Ducky Luv. Thank you. I am so excited to do this. I know this has been asked and answered but I know you can bring your own setting, do they charge you to use a setting of your own and what if the pearl you pick is to big or small to fit in what you brought? I know I can just buy one that fits but is there an average size that I should be looking for in a necklace? Forgive me, I am pearl clueless!!!!!

It is my understanding that they won't use outside settings or pearls. Everything has to be purchased there.

This may have been answered somewhere in these threads before, but I will be honest and say I didn't read EVERY page. I was told by someone at one point that they were allowed to eat the oyster afterwards. Is this true, or do you just take the pearl and leave the oyster?

Absolutely not! You cannot eat the oyster and they won't even let you keep the shells.

That setting is beautiful, do you mind sharing who the seller was? Or what you searched for on eBay?

I just searched for pearl cage. The seller was kzgc08, I believe. I don't see this particular one up now, but the seller may have more in stock later. There are a lot of awesome cages that come up now when you search for "pearl cage" that they didn't have when I looked before.

I just searched for pearl cage. The seller was kzgc08, I believe. I don't see this particular one up now, but the seller may have more in stock later. There are a lot of awesome cages that come up now when you search for "pearl cage" that they didn't have when I looked before.

I picked a pearl for my b-day on our last visit. I spent MONTHS reading posts and looking at pictures. I was so excited to do it and loved every moment. I know that I'll be making this a tradition princess:

Here is my pinkish 7mm pearl. I chose a $32 setting to put it in :goodvibes

IMG_1106-1.jpg

I bought the "Cinerella's Carriage" coach from Topearl for .90. Although they said it may take 30 days to ship, it only took about 10. I was very pleased with the purchase.

The seller was kzgc08, I believe. I don't see this particular one up now, but the seller may have more in stock later. There are a lot of awesome cages that come up now when you search for "pearl cage" that they didn't have when I looked before.

I purchased from kzgc08 last year. The Cinderella's coach cage. I got her name from this thread. My daughter loved it!

I bought the Cinderella coach from kzgc08 for my daughter in 2009. She LOVED it!! She gets so excited when there is a special occasion because she knows she gets to wear it. We found out yesterday that I am finally getting a baby niece in Nov. After 8 years and 7 nephews, I am so excited to be getting another girl in the family. I bought a Cinderella coach for her this morning so she will have one to match my DD after we go in Sept 2012 (I know, I'm a little bit of an overplanner!)

Thank you all for all this information!! I cannot WAIT until I get to do this with my SIL!! :banana:

Well, my SIL and I each did the pick a pearl at Epcot at the end of May. I have to say the CM there was wonderful! :thumbsup2 My SIL went first and got her pearl, which I thought was one of the best things to watch at Epcot popcorn:: Then it was my turn...I picked the ugliest one I could find in the tank and went through the countdown with the CM...imagine my surprise when she showed me that I had twin pearls!! :yay: I got them set into earrings and they are absolutely beautiful! I will definitely be doing this every trip! :woohoo:
I just want to thank everyone who posted about how to choose, I am sure that's the reason I got twins!! :thanks:

One time i got twin Black Pearls! One of the rarest pearls ever. Being the good person/ brother I am, I turned them into earing s for my little sister. I miss those little guys.

Do you know if they have this at the Poly? I know they do at DTD and BC, but wasn't sure about the Poly.

if anyone is near one of the stores can you check to see if they still have a frog ring(the frogs front legs held the pearl) if they do can you get a pic/price for me my dd wanted it last time but we were low on funds now i would like to surprise her with it thank you guys ..you have so many great ideas

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter