pick a pearl setting

I finally got to do this when we were there 2 weeks ago (wow, that long ago, really?). I got a 6 3/4 pearl, very pretty. But I never had time to get it set or even look.....will do this somewhere at home, I guess.

any one have a pic of the cinderella carriage pearl cage? would love to see it. is it available in epcot? how much?
thanks!

I did the pick an oyster today with my daughter. It was a great experience!

She chose twin 6.5mm pearls, and I chose a 7.5mm pearl.

any one have a pic of the cinderella carriage pearl cage? would love to see it. is it available in epcot? how much?
thanks!

I'd love to see a picture of this and how much it cost!

I got the one on eBay. Actually...got 4 of them since they were so inexpensive. Here is the link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/18K-WGP-PEARL-C...090?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a33e071a

It's $3.50. My DD8 did this last week when we were there. SHe chose a beautiful 7 1/4" pearl and it fit just fine. Comes with a chain too.

I have heard of this before but I have always forgotten about it when we have been there. My DD was talking about it over our Christmas visit with my family and I think that when we all go in May for my DD's graduation, all of the girls are going to do this. There will be six of us so it should be fun to see what we all get. :laughing:

When my wife and I were at Epcot last year celebrating our anniversary we did this. We each picked an oyster and my wife picked a double setting ring. One was white and the other golden, and both were 8mm. This was my anniversary gift to her and she loves it. This May we're going to make sure to stop and have our 2 daughters pick their own oysters and settings.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their advice on the pick a pearl booth in the Japan store. We were there on Dec. 3rd, my daughter's 21st birthday. She picked a pearl with everyone's advice about the hairiest oyster. She received an 8 1/4 mm pearl. She picked out a beautiful cage necklace to put it in. I'm sure it will be a memory she will have forever.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their advice on the pick a pearl booth in the Japan store. We were there on Dec. 3rd, my daughter's 21st birthday. She picked a pearl with everyone's advice about the hairiest oyster. She received an 8 1/4 mm pearl. She picked out a beautiful cage necklace to put it in. I'm sure it will be a memory she will have forever.

Lucky! That's a hoss!!

My DS's 5th bday was in Nov. and so was his sissy's (17-ugh. where does the time go?). She couldn't be with us due to finals so we let him pick a pearl for her.

After trying to stick his hand in the water himself, he succeeded in picking a 7 1/4 pearl (beautiful yellowish gold hue to it) and we set it in a necklace with her birthstone. They actually drilled it, unlike mine where they glued it on the necklace.

He was so excited to bring it home to her!!!

I love seeing all these beautiful pictures and stories!

I picked a pearl at DTD in 2007 and had it set there. It was one of the blue/silver ones.

I'm new to the board so I can't post pictures yet, but as soon as I reach the minimum number of posts to do so I will.

Pick a Pearl is one of the most treasured things to me at Disney.

My family started taking me to Disney shortly after the parks opened in the late 70s. By the time Epcot opened, we had been there a number of time already and my father started a tradition with me.

Every time we went, we did the Pick a Pearl and I got to select a ring, bracelet or necklace to have the pearl mounted in. I still have every one of those items since.

My father now has Alzheimers and our family has been in a state of remembering the past and this one thing is one of my most treasured memories of my father.

I remember the excitement as I pick out my oyster and the CM opens it to find the treasure inside. I remember taking a long, long time in the store going over every setting to see which was my favorite. And I remember what a fuss he would make over me the entire trip of now beautiful I looked with my new item and that how I was just like that pearl to him.

So while picking a pearl and a setting may seem like a trivial thing in Disney, trust me, it can have an impact on a person throughout their whole life.
What a great story and memory to have.

Forgive me if this has been asked, but where do they get the oysters? Or do they reuse the shell and refill it?

I had my mother pick a pearl on our trip last year. A few days earlier, at Christmas, I gave her this cage necklace. (picture is from dizneechic)

Pick_A_Pearl.jpg

She has a thing for Cinderella's carriage and just loved it! I got the necklace for about $5 on ebay (new). She picked a pearl in Japan and put it right inside the carriage.

my-bracelet-not-for-swaps

This is the bracelet setting I had mine put into at the Maui Divers pick a pearl in Maui. My son picked the oyster and it had a beautiful pink pearl. They also let him pick another one for free since I bought the setting and it had 2 white pearls in it, but we didn't have them set yet. Last year when we where here I picked one at the Hilo Hatties here in Maui and it also had 2 white pearls.

MyBracelet.JPG

I had my mother pick a pearl on our trip last year. A few days earlier, at Christmas, I gave her this cage necklace. (picture is from dizneechic)

Pick_A_Pearl.jpg

She has a thing for Cinderella's carriage and just loved it! I got the necklace for about $5 on ebay (new). She picked a pearl in Japan and put it right inside the carriage.

It's SOO CUTE! That was very sweet of you. I understand why she loved it! :lovestruc

my-bracelet-not-for-swaps

This is the bracelet setting I had mine put into at the Maui Divers pick a pearl in Maui. My son picked the oyster and it had a beautiful pink pearl. They also let him pick another one for free since I bought the setting and it had 2 white pearls in it, but we didn't have them set yet. Last year when we where here I picked one at the Hilo Hatties here in Maui and it also had 2 white pearls.

MyBracelet.JPG

That is a pretty bracelet. I almost picked a pearl in SeaWorld when I was 12 because I asked and my mom said I could but I ended up not doing it just because I didn't know what I was going to do with something loose and small that's meant to be in jewelry. There were not really any ads for actually setting the pearl in a nice way so I didn't really think about it. With all of these nice pics I see that I can just take it somewhere later and get it dressed up. It doesn't have to be a million dollars to be beautiful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter